Remove Architect Entertainment locations from starting zones

Arli

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Plus, face it, COH is and has always been a bit of an aberration - so many other games don't "start" until you're max level and geared up that that's probably what they're expecting.

Ayup.  COX has been fighting that perception as long as I've been playing...  (Issue 9 if anyone cares.)  And it's make worse by the Homecoming meta of "we're all oldbies here, we don't want to repeat content for the ten thousandth time, we're BORED!"

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

lol there's nothing to do at level 50, playing low level task forces at level 50 is the worst - you play them at the correct level range so you don't "waste" any powers.

All that's left to do at 50 is a few high level TFs, Dark Astoria, the RWZ, and some raids and trials. THAT is the boring content I've played ten thousand times. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

15 minutes ago, Take One said:

lol there's nothing to do at level 50, playing low level task forces at level 50 is the worst - you play them at the correct level range so you don't "waste" any powers.

All that's left to do at 50 is a few high level TFs, Dark Astoria, the RWZ, and some raids and trials. THAT is the boring content I've played ten thousand times. 

Speak for yourself.  I don't mind exemplaring down for lower level TFs and such for merits when they're in WST rotation.  I'd much prefer repeating content at higher levels than at entry level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZacKing said:

Speak for yourself.  I don't mind exemplaring down for lower level TFs and such for merits when they're in WST rotation.  I'd much prefer repeating content at higher levels than at entry level.

Depends on who I'm playing.  My blaster is always ready to go but everyone else gets stuck with weak attacks and P2W filler that makes exemplaring less enjoyable, so they usually stay at 50.

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

• 8 months later
On 8/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, skoryy said:

Depends on who I'm playing.  My blaster is always ready to go but everyone else gets stuck with weak attacks and P2W filler that makes exemplaring less enjoyable, so they usually stay at 50.

And that's why I usually fall back (exemp down) on tanks.  Just be the aggro magnet and the whole team benefits. 😁

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 8/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, Arli said:

Today, I faced an interesting challenge: A new player had stopped playing for a bit after leveling to the mid-20s. They got to the level they attained through participating in AE content. They wanted a new mission, but had no idea where to look or how to find one. That player was helped, but they were also fortunate enough to be part of a community that was willing to help - and that they were willing to ask for help in the first place.

Is it possible to remove AE locations from starting zones to discourage this from happening? At least make sure players know how to move between zones before they join AE content? Nothing against AE content in general, but if players want new contacts and want to experience the game's original lore, they need to learn how to access it accordingly; and they can't do this in AE.

Gunna hafta give this a big ole nope. Sorry. 

Damnit... fell for a necro post again...

Edited by Marbing
  • Thanks 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

On 8/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, GraspingVileTerror said:

But . . . REWARD players with interesting things outside of farms if you want players to not feel like they need to farm.

We'd have to up the reward amounts to match farms to do that, but that'd be silly - "run one missoon and get fifteen levels" silly. 

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Generally I level up in AE until around 22, but I'm not a newbie. If anything I'd just zap all training and double origin enhancements out of existence.

I also like the idea of a more interesting and better rewarding fast leveling (to around mid twenties?) mission series. I'm talking a tutorial that walks you through your first enhancement placement, rewarding 1 or 2 SO enhancements per mission. Maybe even give a choice of a complete set of set-enhancement at the culmination (yellow quality) or even a low level archetype set.  I'd include the college tutorial on crafting enhancements and then could possible include recipes in the reward system.

Oh gods no. We already have the red side/blue side/gold side tutorials on how to just play the game. And then you have the extended tutorials they call the Hearts of Darkness and Shining Stars arcs. Please no extended extended tutorials running you to the 20s. (Double "extended" intentional.)

While I'm normally in the "don't worry about what other players are doing and just mind your own business" camp, I can see the benefit to everyone if the Atlas Park AE was closed and moved to say Kings Row.

New players would be required to at least learn how to find a mission contact and learn how to travel to a different zone. I don't think anyone could argue that a player shouldn't have these two basic skills. However, it wouldn't slow "oldbies" from farming a new character to 50 in the slightest.

I honestly don't believe that anyone could argue, in good faith, that this change would be in anyway detrimental to anyone. But I'm certain that someone will be along any moment now to try. Good luck!  😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Okay. My contention with this... wait... @PeregrineFalcon said "good faith". Hum... Okay! My... uhm... wait a minute, I've got this... Yes! I say no because... ... ....

Okay, you got me. I would only really be against this on the grounds that players should be free to play how they like. However, I was always opposed to starting zone AE farms. It's not like it is dangerous for a level 1 character to walk from City Hall or Ms. Liberty to the tram that is really just right there and get to King's Row. Especially if just an alt in a player's personal SG considering base teleporters are all free on HC and don't require the SG to get all the explore badges to unlock the beacons like they did on Live. So while this thread was necro'ed, I'm actually in favor of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

While I'm normally in the "don't worry about what other players are doing and just mind your own business" camp, I can see the benefit to everyone if the Atlas Park AE was closed and moved to say Kings Row.

New players would be required to at least learn how to find a mission contact and learn how to travel to a different zone. I don't think anyone could argue that a player shouldn't have these two basic skills. However, it wouldn't slow "oldbies" from farming a new character to 50 in the slightest.

I honestly don't believe that anyone could argue, in good faith, that this change would be in anyway detrimental to anyone. But I'm certain that someone will be along any moment now to try. Good luck!  😁

There is already a tutorial for this. This change is a solution in search of a problem IMO. No it wouldn’t really hurt anyone, but I don’t think this is a problem since we already have the tutorial that every new player is asked if they want to enter.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)