Enhancement Tray Increase

redebear

Is it possible to increase the number from 7 to 10?  At level 50, you have potentially 99 enhancements to remove.  I normally switch to IO enhancements at level 30 and then respec at level 50.  I don't want to delete my crafted IO enhancements but store them for a new character.  Currently, with the limit of 7 trays, I have to choose one of these three options:  

1.  Enhancement slots from level 40-50 get slotted with SOs and have to be upgraded to maintain effectiveness until level 47 when I can start slotting level 50 IOs.

2.  Level 30 IOs that I do not have room for in the tray get slotted back into a power and then I have to use unslotters to remove them.

3.  I have to use two respecs to remove all of the level 30 SOs.  

If there are currently any solutions for this issue or if this request has already been addressed in a previous post, please let me know.

redebear

• Thumbs Up 1

Seven trays of enhancements was the limit you could get from the 'Paragon store' where you spent your loyalty points; all the HC staff did was unlock them as they did with the other unlockable stuff like the prestige attacks and costume sets. I don't know if anyone has looked at the code to see if there's some database-structure limit driving the restriction to seven trays (i.e., index limits).

• Like 1

I would love room for 100 as well.  I tend to do the same, slot IOs as I level up, then at 50 respec and leave the lower level ones for newer chars.

For Now:

What I tend to do is get sloppy near the end and leave some blank spots (or fill in sets that I'll re-use after respec anyway)

The other way, is to use unslotters for any others.

If my feeble memory serves, I have a vague recollection of one of the old Paragon Studio devs say that it would break the game to increase the number of trays beyond 7. I would have to see the code - and that's not an option for me because I wouldn't know where to find it. I would suspect it would be an easy fix...but not having seen it, no telling how it was implemented. 

As for a work around...simply don't use common IOs at level 30. Use attuned set IOs, ATOs, Winter-Os, Overwhelming Force. They're superior when combined with the set bonuses and they level with you. Are they more expensive? yes. But, they are easily affordable if you have one level 50. One ITF will net you at least 15-20M. You can easily parlay that into all the influence you need with clever use of the recipes that drop while you play. 

I realize my solution is not eloquent and requires time spent figuring out which IO sets to use..but once you dig into it, it's fairly simple, not remotely like rocket science. Remember, influence in this game is ever-increasing. The more folks play, the more influence there is. All you have to do is craft, convert some of those recipes that drop, sell them at the going rate, and you'll be looking at hundreds of millions before you know it. And that's just a few minutes at the beginning or end of a play session, not a full time job. It may not be something you enjoy - but ask yourself what's more fun - a second respec, burning 30 unslotters each level 50, or crafting and converting your recipe drops once a day? 

Edited by Ukase

33 minutes ago, Ukase said:

se attuned set IOs, ATOs, Winter-Os, Overwhelming Force. They're superior when combined with the set bonuses and they level with you. Are they more expensive? yes.

This line needs a *little* clarification:

Winter-Os, yes, expensive.  More when buying superior.

Overwhelming Force can be (or you can run SBBs.)

ATOs... can be. Especially if you buy superior.

Attuned set IOs - buy these. THey draw from the exact same pool in the AH. So if you're trying to decide between (say) a level 30 Trap of Manticore's Essence and an attuned one? Buy the attuned.  Same price, same number available.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I remember when the limit was 10 enhancements and I had 50+ HOs slotted into a toon and the only way to remove them is when they introduced the Respec trial, and you were limited to essentially 3 respect for a character's life..Those were rough times, especially since bases didn't exist so you couldn't store enhancements that way and you couldn't attach enhancements in emails.

if the devs grant you an extra 3 trays, what the. In 6 months when people want another 10 on top of that. Where's the line in the sand where it's too much? What kind of potential issues might arise from this?

It's like 10 minutes of work to pull out 20 enhancements with unslotters which is like 10 million or less. Maybe another 5 to drop in a table in SG.

Or spend months testing a feture suggested by someone, with a small team of people.  For the rare time for all of 10 minutes to save when someone respects since you are not going to be doing it every day.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I vaguely remember a higher tray count on live, perhaps in the very early days.... I definitely had ten trays for enhancements when I ran my own private server. Didn't do anything special to enable that, just came that way from the i-24 game file on OuroDev. As to why it isn't that way here, well I don't know.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png