The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

QoL Crafting/Auction House and End Game ideas.

eldriyth

So I had some ideas I would like to share with the community. Please tell me if you like them. Let's start.

END GAME

• Global reduced set bonus requirements after reaching a certain veteran level/incarnate goal/accolade. Example: After unlocking this benefit your character gets a -2 enhancements required (minimum 2) for set bonuses. This means 2 set enhancements grants 3rd and 4th set bonuses, 4 enhancements grants 5th and 6th. A simple change to code that offers an entire new level of power building.

QUALITY OF LIFE

• New auction house filters that display the following: Tier 1 Invention Salvage, Tier 2 Invention Salvage, Tier 3 Invention Salvage. Right now this is a mess of all this salvage type mixed together when you're crafting.

• Highlight salvage needed on recipe in Orange for Rare, Yellow Uncommon, or White Common.

• Items inside your AH storage count towards crafting OR a stack of 10 counts as 1 item in your inventory like it is with the AH storage instead of a stack counts as 10 items.

Edited by eldriyth

• eldriyth changed the title to QoL Crafting/Auction House and End Game ideas.

Thumbs down on the end game set bonuses. No need to make it easier to be OP.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

16 hours ago, eldriyth said:

A simple change to code that offers an entire new level of power building.

/jranger

Right now this is a mess of all this salvage type mixed together when you're crafting.

The auction house has a search function, and recipes have a "search for salvage needed" function.

Items inside your AH storage count towards crafting OR a stack of 10 counts as 1 item in your inventory like it is with the AH storage instead of a stack counts as 10 items.

Don't hoard, especially not commons and uncommons.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Global reduced set bonus requirements after reaching a certain veteran level/incarnate goal/accolade.

An interesting idea, and I like the idea of adding some benefit for hitting vet level 200 or whatever. I'm about to hit vet level 400 on Oklahoman, and I've been joking that I hope then I will be strong enough to knock over barrels in a Lambda trial.

I wish we did a better job of communicating in-game about enhancement diversification, so when I think about this suggestion I think we then need to do a better job of communicating the rule of 5, etc.

A simple change to code

I'm not sure this is a thing. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

17 hours ago, eldriyth said:

END GAME

• Global reduced set bonus requirements after reaching a certain veteran level/incarnate goal/accolade. Example: After unlocking this benefit your character gets a -2 enhancements required (minimum 2) for set bonuses. This means 2 set enhancements grants 3rd and 4th set bonuses, 4 enhancements grants 5th and 6th. A simple change to code that offers an entire new level of power building.

I really don't care about or play the end game.

Sounds unnecessary to me.

I'm going to go ahead and say it - "How much more elite do you have to be?"

There is plenty of elite-ness to be had already in the end-game. One of the many reasons that I don't enjoy playing the end-game.

• New auction house filters that display the following: Tier 1 Invention Salvage, Tier 2 Invention Salvage, Tier 3 Invention Salvage. Right now this is a mess of all this salvage type mixed together when you're crafting.

There is a search window at the upper left to search for exactly what you are looking for.

• Highlight salvage needed on recipe in Orange for Rare, Yellow Uncommon, or White Common.

already covered (I actually forgot where that button was and had to go hunt it down)

Items inside your AH storage count towards crafting OR a stack of 10 counts as 1 item in your inventory like it is with the AH storage instead of a stack counts as 10 items.

er, what?

Nothing in your AH "storage" (as you call it) should count toward crafting.

Crafting is crafting. Storing something isn't crafting it.

Are you talking about 10 IOs should stack as one?

I'm am assuming you are new to the game.

Back before the Sunset we have ten (10) - only 10 - enhancement storage in one tray and only 10 store/sell/buy slots on the AH per character.

There is already a huge QoL difference.

It's already Ebil Marketing on steroids.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Honestly, I sell all my common and uncommon salvage drops for 1.

And, buy commons at 10,000 and uncommons at 50,000 to stimulate the salvage market - not that it really needs it with seeding, but still, even so...

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I really don't care about or play the end game.

Sounds unnecessary to me.

I'm going to go ahead and say it - "How much more elite do you have to be?"

There is plenty of elite-ness to be had already in the end-game. One of the many reasons that I don't enjoy playing the end-game.

There is a search window at the upper left to search for exactly what you are looking for.

already covered (I actually forgot where that button was and had to go hunt it down)

er, what?

Nothing in your AH "storage" (as you call it) should count toward crafting.

Crafting is crafting. Storing something isn't crafting it.

Are you talking about 10 IOs should stack as one?

I'm am assuming you are new to the game.

Back before the Sunset we have ten (10) - only 10 - enhancement storage in one tray and only 10 store/sell/buy slots on the AH per character.

There is already a huge QoL difference.

It's already Ebil Marketing on steroids.

/jranger

The auction house has a search function, and recipes have a "search for salvage needed" function.

Nothing I said deserved a /jranger. Christ this community is toxic as hell.  I know exactly what the auction house offers and nothing I put down exists. Also, salvage can search for recipes not the other way around.

Edited by eldriyth

I can't say I'm a fan of the endgame idea.  Seems like a way to make OP characters even more OP.   If I wanted to do that, I'd beg for "MOAR SLOTS, PLZ!" 

19 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Highlight salvage needed on recipe in Orange for Rare, Yellow Uncommon, or White Common.

This, however, I fully support.  Great idea.

2 minutes ago, Zhym said:

I can't say I'm a fan of the endgame idea.  Seems like a way to make OP characters even more OP.   If I wanted to do that, I'd beg for "MOAR SLOTS, PLZ!" 

This, however, I fully support.  Great idea.

Fair enough. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

You don't know how many times I tell people this when they want global storage.  Game shits out more than you will ever need, people are creating their problem by saving items to keep influence cost down. Influence is like sand in the Saraha desert.

3 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Also, salvage can search for recipes not the other way around.

Recipes search for salvage, not salvage for recipes.  Multiple recipes even share the exact same stuff.

Your better offbuilding IO as you get them, buy the occasional salvage you need, than buy the IO or sets you need to fill out.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You're playing a SUPER HERO game to be weak? Just go play Farmville or something.

The last problem anybody playing endgame content has is being weak. There has been so much power creep in this game that people can already solo task forces set at +4/x8. I see no reason to make set bonuses easier to obtain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

What in the world are you talking about?

City of Heroes Screenshot 2021.08.19 - 09.06.42.100.png

City of Heroes Screenshot 2021.08.19 - 09.08.22.24.png

18 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Nothing I said deserved a /jranger. Christ this community is toxic as hell.  I know exactly what the auction house offers and nothing I put down exists. Also, salvage can search for recipes not the other way around.

Are you merging posts together?

Or perhaps there was a post that was removed by the Forum Moderators.

The term "/jranger" just means "no". 

When we disagree something, we should explain why rather than just saying "no".

Most of the people in the forums are very helpful. There are some that are an issue, but they are few and far between

I suggest that you put them on ignore so you don't have to worry about looking at their posts again.

Well, if you can show me how salvage can search for recipes give me screen shots.

I posted mine showing how recipes can search for salvage.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

City of Heroes Screenshot 2021.08.19 - 09.06.42.100.png

City of Heroes Screenshot 2021.08.19 - 09.08.22.24.png

I was having a shitty day and took it out on you guys. I do apologize for that.

I actually didn't know about that (on the market at least). Very cool. If we could get something like this on the recipe in the crafting window while you also have the AH window up that would be stellar. Either way, this is a feature I must of missed and simply adding the recipe to the storage and clicking on this and buying everything makes it a bit easier. Thank you for the detailed info Ultra.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, eldriyth said:

You're playing a SUPER HERO game to be weak? Just go play Farmville or something.

A few things here.

1. Don't say something like this and complain about anybody else being "toxic." This right here is a prime example of toxicity, coming straight from you.

2. The response you were responding to mentioned we're overpowered *already* in the end game, which is true. It's already trivially simple to be perma-whatever and defense capped to where there's essentially no challenge.

3. People will build their characters however they want to, whether you like that or not. Some people want to be Superman. Some people prefer being Clint Barton. Or a regular beat cop or soldier just trying to make it. They'll play the characters they *like.* You don't like that? Too bad.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

A few things here.

1. Don't say something like this and complain about anybody else being "toxic." This right here is a prime example of toxicity, coming straight from you.

2. The response you were responding to mentioned we're overpowered *already* in the end game, which is true. It's already trivially simple to be perma-whatever and defense capped to where there's essentially no challenge.

3. People will build their characters however they want to, whether you like that or not. Some people want to be Superman. Some people prefer being Clint Barton. Or a regular beat cop or soldier just trying to make it. They'll play the characters they *like.* You don't like that? Too bad.

I get the challenge of making a weaker character just for the roleplay and personal experience. My idea was simply to get a way to get even stronger beyond incarnates and I am a huge fan of the Ring of Royal Grandeur and mixing set bonuses in Diablo 3 so there is that too which I would personally find fun in City of Heroes.

58 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

I get the challenge of making a weaker character just for the roleplay and personal experience. My idea was simply to get a way to get even stronger beyond incarnates and I am a huge fan of the Ring of Royal Grandeur and mixing set bonuses in Diablo 3 so there is that too which I would personally find fun in City of Heroes.

Part of the difference, though, is that Diablo (since D1) has always been a loot-based game, from people going for Godly Plate of the Whale and Rings of Jordan in D1 through... whatever they've come up with now.  (Personally not a fan of D3, so... I pretty much fire it up once every few months. hold a button down to kill everything on screen for a while, then pack it away again.)

While you can *try* to say COH is a "loot" game, it's honestly not. Even "rare" recipes aren't all that rare or hard to get, between just playing the game, the auction house and merits. Just going the merit route, the most expensive thing is 100 merits - and if you ignore everything else (marketing, converting, what have you) I can say that on everlasting you'd have a full set of whatever you want in two nights, hitting the full string of hami raids (3 sets, so 120/80/80 = 280 merits in a night) and the two MSRs in between them (converting, should be able to get at leaat 60-70 merits) - and going "straight merits" is a fairly inefficient way to get kitted out.

In a gear game? The shortcut makes sense. Unless you're really grinding, you may not *see* those final pieces for whatever the bonus you want is. In COH? It's a matter of time - and not that much of it. So the need for that sort of shortcut isn't really there - and the content doesn't really support the mentioned overpoweredness it would push.

Edit:

Also, with most of those gear games, you get a very few bonuses. Say, you have the armor and gloves, you get +3% defense. Add the boots, 5% attack speed, etc. You have a limited number of slots - with inherent properties of whatever gear your using, plus the set bonus, you might have 10-15 bonuses (say.)

In COH terms, this would be like having six slots for your primary, six slots for your secondary - not "per power," but to affect the whole thing - then maybe the anciliary and your "epics" would be whatever incarnate bonuses you get. But of course we don't do that. (It'd be a radically different game.)

With COH, you've got multiple powers, *each* of which start stacking those bonuses, you can stack them up to 5x each, plus procs and just what your powers *do.* If we could walk our characters - even not top-of-the-line builds - into almost any other game, we'd be starting off as gods and completely break the game because of the bonuses and builds we can have now.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

11 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

this is a feature I must of missed and simply adding the recipe to the storage and clicking on this and buying everything makes it a bit easier.

You don't have to add the recipe to storage, just search for it in the AH.  (Personally, I find the latter easier but YMMV.)

5 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

My idea was simply to get a way to get even stronger beyond incarnates

I have never understood the attraction of taking a character that can already curbstomp everything in the game...  and then making it even more powerful.  How does reducing challenge even further not bore anyone to tears?  (Also what Greycat said.)

Either way, the game doesn't really need a higher setting on the "moah powah->I'm bored->moah challenge->this sucks, moah powah please!" treadmill.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

18 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Thank you for the detailed info Ultra.

You are welcome.