Cheap And Expensive..

damnimgood

On 8/24/2021 at 7:54 AM, huang3721 said:

That's a great idea! Archetype Enhancements and Winter Packs are also worth 25 mill, aren't they? They could bridge the gap. Then, I could use PvP Enhancement (10 mill each) to drive up the cost. Nice!

edit New build for my Electric/Electric/Blaze(?) Mastery

Powers code Enhancement # slot Cost (mil) Purple ATO Winter Pack PvP IO
Charged Brawl CS6 Superior Critical Strikes 6 150   1      
Havoc Punch BC6 Superior Blistering Cold 6 150     1    
Jacobs Ladder FH6 Fortunata Hypnosis 6 150 1        
Build Up n/a To Hit Buff IO 1 2         1
Thunderstrike SS6 Superior Scrapper's Strike 6 150   1      
Confront n/a Taunt IO 1 2         1
Chain Lightning H6 Hecatomb 6 150 1        
Lightning Clap AA6 Absolute Amazement 6 150 1        
Lightning Rod Ar6 Armageddon 6 150 1        
Charged Armor n/a (PvP) Gladiator Armor 1 10       1  
Lightning Field Av6 Superior Avalanche 6 150     1    
Conductive Shield n/a (PvP) Gladiator Armor 1 10       1  
Static Shield n/a (PvP) Gladiator Armor 1 10       1  
Grounded n/a (PvP) Gladiator Armor 1 10       1  
Energize n/a (PVP) Panacea 1 10       1  
Lightning Reflex n/a Run/Fly Speed IO 1 2         1
Power Sink n/a Endurance Modif IO 1 2         1
Power Surge E6 Superior Entomb 6 150     1    
Char UC6 Unbreakable Constraint 6 150 1        
Fireball R6 Ragnarok 6 150 1        
Fireblast Ap6 Apocalypse 6 150 1        
Ring of Fire WB6 Superior Winter's Bite 6 150     1    
Pool Power(?) n/a Random IO, whatever 3 6         1
    TOTAL 90 2014 7 2 4 5 5

Usually, I try to minimize the cost instead of maximizing it. Well, I'll call this build "I Need Additional Donors".

I never thought that my half-assed guess would hit close enough. By the way, I haven't validated this plan since I can't log in to Beta Server.  I'll post its combat attributes screenshot sometime in the future. 

You're projecting an expenditure of 1.5-2x actual cost on everything (except the Winter enhancements)?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, Rishidian said:

Oh Man!!!  I thought this was the Cheap and Explosive discussion!  No wonder I thought I was missing it.

It's really blown up since it was posted though.

• Haha 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have two farmers and a dedicated "marketeer" who flips ATO packs but keeps some ATO for upcoming builds.

I also have 2 bases that are just enhancement storage warehouses to store certain IO sets, ie; LotG, Unbreakable, purples, hami's, procs, pvp, etc. All these are collected from the farms.

It has taken awhile to get at this level of inf/IO freedom. I can usually kit out a new 50 very easily with maybe a small IO purchase of sets that are not in my cadre.

I do not like to rely on so much inf investment into the market, I find merits to be a more realistic approach with set costs.

So I can build ATO, winter set, purple builds with all most no inf/merit cost.

It helps when I go on "purges" on some of my toons and strip them to fatten my larders, I'm a fickle person but not a dependent one.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Does getting enhancements primarily through merits count as cheap?

I am also slow to using converters outside of set to get what I want.....

You often get more by converting merits to inf and using inf to buy things, compared to buying things through merits directly. 

As an example, Panacea chance for +Hp/end (which essentially every character needs) costs between 8 and 10 million inf on the market for an attuned one. From the merit vendor it costs 100 merits for a recipe. That's worth 20 million inf, and you still need to craft it. The cost rises even further for enhancements that need to be attuned because the market attunes enhancements for free, but if you refuse to use the market you have to buy catalysts.

It's still worth knowing what the merit vendor's prices are so that you don't overpay. For example, no rare recipe is worth more than 10 million inf. No uncommon recipe is worth more than 4 million inf.

Edited by Miss Magical
  • Thumbs Up 1