Spring Attack + hide

arkul78

I never take it.  Did it leave you hidden before?

In City of Data, it looks like Spring Attack is implemented as an ExecutePower redirect after the teleport, which is like how Savage Melee's Savage Leap is implemented.   It does not spawn a pseudo-pet like Shield Charge or Lightning Rod.

I think the whole thing with SC and LR not dropping hide was more of a side-effect than actual intended behavior.  It's supposed to be an attack and attacks are supposed to drop Hide.  Just nobody bothered to change it.  The positive benefit of it being implemented this way though.... it should work a lot better with procs.  Have you tried any?

16 hours ago, arkul78 said:

I am testing an elec / shield and I have verified that when I use spring attack I leave the hide. Did they change that power?

Yes, they did change it. It's no longer a pseudopet 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Anybody try turning it into a proc bomb?  That's a long recharge.  Wouldn't it have relatively high proc chances all around if it's not a pseudo-pet or does the redirect power work the same way as Pseudopets for PPM?

Or is that still not enough to save it?

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Yes, they did change it. It's no longer a pseudopet 

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Basically just another reason to avoid Spring Attack.

If it is no longer a pseudopet, did it previously have a pseudopet damage cap like shield charge, and with this change does it make the power better for brutes that can take advantage of a high dmg cap with this power?

Currently on fire.

2 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

If it is no longer a pseudopet, did it previously have a pseudopet damage cap like shield charge, and with this change does it make the power better for brutes that can take advantage of a high dmg cap with this power?

No, just that the damage is still anemic, coming in at roughly HALF that of Shield Charge.
For the Recharge, amount of spaces dedicated to it, and the power choice prerequisites, I judge its selection unacceptable.

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

Anybody try turning it into a proc bomb?  That's a long recharge.  Wouldn't it have relatively high proc chances all around if it's not a pseudo-pet or does the redirect power work the same way as Pseudopets for PPM?

Or is that still not enough to save it?

It looks "okay" in Mids.
In actual play...Meh...

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

6 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Previously it was broke. But I can tell you how it was designed to work. They made a pseudopet that checked the AT of your character to decide the scale of the pet damage you would do. So for a Brute it would use 0.75 scale, yet you were capped at 400% damage because of the pet.

But like I said, it was broke. If you had Spring Attack before it would not accept enhancements. So it never procced and it never buffed damage if you slotted it with damage enhancements.

Now it works via an execute power (iirc). The way it works, you teleport then you chain into a different power that does the attack.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn