Help me with Stickin' it to The Man in Praetoria

GATE-keeper

How do I run Loyalist missions while secretly working for the Resistance?

I'm pretty sure I need to start as Resistance, right? 

And then start with Praetor White and run Loyalist missions, I'm doing that as well.

But when I come to a mish that has "Members of the Resistance working under cover should call Calvin Scott"; I call Scott and he does nothing different other than just offering normal missions.

Are there some prerequisite missions I need to run for Scott before going undercover?

• Like 1

No, there aren't.  Scott SHOULD be telling you things like "Ok, [insert name] go ahead with the mission you just got and we will monitor things now that you've told us".  Do call him instantly after accepting the mission but before entering it.  It is also possible to visit him in person, though tricky if you're low level, by going to the Underground access door in Neutropolis and carefully making your way by all the level 18s to the Resistance base there.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

47 minutes ago, Corlagon said:

You need to have sided with the Resistance during the tutorial to do undercover work for them. It's not possible to trigger that requirement at a later point, unfortunately.

Ah, OK.  So there is a prereq, just not a mission prereq.  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Corlagon said:

You need to have sided with the Resistance during the tutorial to do undercover work for them. It's not possible to trigger that requirement at a later point, unfortunately.

In addition, you need to cycle ALL of Calvin Scott's dialogue during the tutorial mission to get the option.  If you don't do this, you don't get the option.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

7 hours ago, GATE-keeper said:

he does nothing different other than just offering normal missions.

Yes. Most of the time, calling Calvin Scott gives you additional flavor text. Usually, he will let you kill or capture your target and give you the reasoning for the decision (for example, Cleopatra or Belladonna).

Other times, he wants you to take down your targets instead of outright killing them. You still have to defeat them in the mission, though (eg. Sgt. Iminez).

One time in Antimatter's arc, he will give you an optional objective. Completing this objective gives you another flavor text, but failure to complete said objective will not affect the story. 

Another thing to be aware of, never use the XP boost from P2W vendor when running Praetoria. Matter of fact you will need to monitor your XP and turn it off occasionally otherwise you can out-level your contact and they won't give you the time of day regardless of where you are in their mission arc.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.