September 2021 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

We’re always in need of more people to help test upcoming updates on our public beta server; the bug reports and feedback that we receive from testers helps us immensely. For more information on how to get started on the beta server, check out our Read This to Get Started thread and the rest of the Beta Forums.

Additionally, if you have Discord Nitro then please consider using a Nitro server boost on our public Discord server. Maintaining over 30 Nitro boosts gives all of our members new and enhanced features on the server including additional emojis, a higher upload limit, better voice chat quality, and our vanity URL. Click here to read more about Server Boosting. We greatly appreciate everyone who has put their Nitro boosts towards our Discord server!

August 2021 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $4,576.78 in donations, $16.27 over our target for the month. As always, all remaining funds will be put towards our operating expenses for the upcoming month.

Here is the breakdown of what August's funds went towards:

• $4,290.45 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
    • + $9.00 for 3 additional IPv4 addresses
  • $121.46 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $95.20 to renew a few of our domains for 1 year (Namecheap)
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $15.00 to renew another domain for 1 year (1&1 IONOS)
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $10.00 to renew some of our web assets from IPSFocus
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $19.83 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

image.png.8b084e7e92ff540d045be4fa80da127b.png

September 2021

The donation target for the upcoming month may shift slightly as the SCALE-3 server we ordered a few months ago has finally been delivered by OVH and billing for this service will begin soon. The additional charge for this server, if any, will likely be included in next month’s target.

The donation target for September 2021 is $4,478.52. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,290.45 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.73 for security / administration software
  • $8.56 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,478.52 and will automatically close once that target is met.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher featured and pinned this topic

thank you homecoming volunteers and community for another month of excellent service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

2 hours ago, Bros Ex Machina said:

Wow wanted to help but already reached the goal! I'm really enthusiastic about this fantastic community and so happy I came back playing! ❤️

i think the donation opens and usually fills in minutes, hours and never a day.  Anyone keep stats on that??

• Like 3

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Basically, it's why I do the posts I do in these threads.  While not accurate to the moment, as I only periodically check the donation window when I am able to (which, as I work on Saturdays, means I'm occasionally not home in time), but you could get a rough estimate by checking the timestamp for when Cipher opens the gates, and when I make my closing post.

But if someone has real numbers, that would be much better.

• Like 1

• Conviction unfeatured and unpinned this topic