Is 4 cores still enough to run CoH?

Hyperstrike

In short?  YES.

If you want a longer look:

So, if you have an older machine, you should be fine.

Things you CAN do to speed your system up.

1: Solid state drives rather than hard drives.
2: More memory never hurt anybody.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

39 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

SNIP

These were the last system requirements I saw for this game on legacy:

PC

Requirement

Minimum

Recommended

Ultra Mode

Operating System

Windows® XP/Vista/7

Windows® XP/Vista/7

Windows® XP/Vista/7

Processor

Intel Pentium® III 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz

Intel® or AMD Dual Core processor

Intel® or AMD Dual Core processor or higher

Memory

512 MB RAM

2 GB RAM

4 GB RAM

Optical Drive

CD-ROM Drive (if original) DVD-ROM Drive

DVD-ROM drive

DVD-ROM drive

HDD

4 GB available hard disk space

6 GB available HDD space

6 GB Available HDD Space

Graphics

NVIDIA® GeForce 2 Series, ATI™ Radeon® 8500 Series, or Intel i810G and above Video Card

NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5600 Series (or higher), ATI™ Radeon® 9600 (or higher)

NVIDIA® GeForce 8 Series (or higher), ATI™ Radeon® HD 2000 Series (or higher)

Internet Connection

Broadband

Broadband

Broadband

Input Devices

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboard and mouse

MAC

Requirement

Minimum

Recommended

Ultra Mode

Operating System

Mac OS X 10.5.5 Leopard

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard or higher

Mac® OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard or higher

Processor

Intel Core Duo Processor

Intel Core Duo 2 Processor

Intel Core Duo 2 Processor

Memory

1 GB RAM or more

1 GB RAM or more

3 GB RAM or more

HDD

5 GB available HDD space

5 GB available HDD space

6 GB available HDD space

Graphics

ATI™ Radeon® X1600 or NVIDIA® GeForce 7300 GT with 128MB of Video RAM, or X3100 Intel integrated graphics chip

NVIDIA 7300 GT (or higher), ATI X1600 or higher, X3100 (or higher) Intel integrated graphics chip (Intel GMA950 not supported)

NVIDIA GeForce™ 8800 Series (or higher) or ATI® Radeon® 3870 (or higher)

Internet Connection

Broadband

Broadband

Broadband

Input Devices

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboard and mouse

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Heh, that RAM group is a tad low. Even on XP x86 the game loved to use 1.5 Gb. Now a days, you want 4 Gb for Win10 OS and whatever more for the apps you're using. Keep in mind that the requirements have gone Up since that most likely.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Non technical person here but I was amazed the fresh life the SSD hard drive put into old hardware and the ease of cloning / copy / setup.  

Then I took the old drive and made it a second drive to hold files.  O/s on the c and programs and personal  files on d. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

14 hours ago, starro said:

Non technical person here but I was amazed the fresh life the SSD hard drive put into old hardware and the ease of cloning / copy / setup.  

Then I took the old drive and made it a second drive to hold files.  O/s on the c and programs and personal  files on d. 

Yup on all fronts. Long term Data on HDD and quick access content on SSDs for sure. Storage has quite a varied range of lifetimes, so it's also good to have an offline clone for each drive TBH. Every drive I have has an HDD of the same capacity that only gets connected for updating content (even the 12 Tb archive drive). This way the odds of data loss is low as the offline drives will see so little use that they'll be usable as the "smaller" replacement drives in the future.

For reference, I just recycled the PC I built for dad with most the tech designed around the Y2K era. between the SSD (2012) and the HDDs, they'd all seen about 10-20k hours of use Each and only one reported that it was starting to show its age. I sanitized and scrapped them anyway because of how much uptime they'd had. Well, that and I Really don't need drives that small anymore.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

• 2 weeks later
On 9/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, WanderingAries said:

between the SSD (2012) and the HDDs, they'd all seen about 10-20k hours of use Each and only one reported that it was starting to show its age. I sanitized and scrapped them anyway because of how much uptime they'd had. Well, that and I Really don't need drives that small anymore.

Uptime isn't the primary issue for SSDs.
It's write-cycles.

It's actually quite likely that those drives, small as they were, had quite a few years left as small game accel drives.

Granted, old SSDs <<< new SSDs.  But still.

And you could have dropped them into USB enclosures for (relatively) large fast mobile storage.

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

13 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Uptime isn't the primary issue for SSDs.
It's write-cycles.

It's actually quite likely that those drives, small as they were, had quite a few years left as small game accel drives.

Granted, old SSDs <<< new SSDs.  But still.

And you could have dropped them into USB enclosures for (relatively) large fast mobile storage.

Possibly, I forget what the read/write numbers were on the SSD, but I know they were getting up there for something only 240 Gb in capacity (In the multiple Tb for sure). That and they were showing signs of wanting to trend warmer.