Cavern of Transcendence - Friendly Hints

KaizenSoze

One of this weeks Weekly Strike Force is Cavern of Transcendence

I created a guide for speed running it, but I am finding other group specific issue after running it six times this week.

You have to unlock it. Talshak the Mystic This involves that very large Atta cave mission.

You can Team Transport or Personal Mission Teleport right to the TF mission entrance. Skipping the whole running through the tunnels part.

After Team Transport the mission door is right behind you. Don't go running off into the tunnels. This has been happening a lot.

Do not hospital. The nearest hospital is in the Hollow a long way away.

There are only badges for TF completion and Kill 100 Magmite Lord (bosses). No badge for the monster, which is a bummer.

Mobs will respawn very slowly. It's quicker to clear and restart if you are working on the Magmite kill badge.

Guide:

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Have a toon that can take out Atta with stealth and reveal/mission teleporter.

During the trial unlock arc: Atta always spawns in his throne room which looking at the map is on the lower left hand side. You do not need to kill Atta's guards just him.

Starting the Trial, mission teleport go in, and stealth the 8 glowies, then run to final room where npc is being harassed by standard igneous mobs, ignore the monster. Free the NPC and voila. <2 minutes if you hustle.

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Have a toon that can take out Atta with stealth and reveal/mission teleporter.

During the trial unlock arc: Atta always spawns in his throne room which looking at the map is on the lower left hand side. You do not need to kill Atta's guards just him.

Starting the Trial, mission teleport go in, and stealth the 8 glowies, then run to final room where npc is being harassed by standard igneous mobs, ignore the monster. Free the NPC and voila. <2 minutes if you hustle.

Yes, if you have stealth it's not hard.

If you don't have decent stealth, it's best to go with 1-3 players instead of 8. Level 14 trolls are kind of nasty when there are a lot of bosses.

• 5 months later

Nercro-ing my own thread. One of the Weekly Strike Forces this week is Cavern Of Transcendence.

Not as easy as it was pre page 3, but a team of 8 finished in under 5 mins.

Page three notes:

Caverns of Transcendence Trial

• Almost entirely redone system-side.
  • Objectives now track on the navigation telling you how many obelisks remain.
  • Koago must now be defeated to complete the trial.
  • Mob spawns re-evaluated, many packs had a 20% of spawning, causing the trial map to sometimes generate as an almost entirely empty instance.
  • Revamped spawns to scale with team size.
  • In set interval checks, surviving mobs on the map will have a chance to start chasing players depending on team size and how many obelisks have been completed.
  • In addition to existing rewards, it now also has MissionOwner, which will trigger various Day Job bonuses and a chance of Pool B recipe.
  • The cavern now has a mini map.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:
  • In set interval checks, surviving mobs on the map will have a chance to start chasing players depending on team size and how many obelisks have been completed.

I'm guessing the more obelisks have been clicked, the more likely they are to chase you.

That suggests you should get all 8 (or as many as you have) in position to click before clicking any obelisks.  Then click 'em fast and rush Koago.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

15 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I'm guessing the more obelisks have been clicked, the more likely they are to chase you.

That suggests you should get all 8 (or as many as you have) in position to click before clicking any obelisks.  Then click 'em fast and rush Koago.

Yes, but it more complicated than that. There is a distance calculation which I am a little vague on how it works. Something to do with distance from mob to player.

I would try leaving a few teammates in the middle of the map and 2-3 go click stuff.

Unless you're soloing it's not a huge difficultly increase.

• 2 months later
1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

How dare?!?!!?? Oh wait... honestly, that's kinda good use of a necro. 🙂

As opposed to: "I miss the old way this TF played" 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)