The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Whirlwind without the Spin ? Literally get motion sickness - Null the gull please ?

plainguy

On 9/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Thanks. I do have some experience with screen-shake and viewpoint motion sickness (a family member, not me), but I am surprised that a spinning object in an otherwise steady display can cause problems, Huh.

Trust me I know its weird.. 

EG I am okay with Hurricane.  

I respeced out of it. It gave me cold sweats. 

4 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I can't imagine that this affects a significant portion of the players and I'm tired of everything being changed for the 0.01% to the detriment of the 99.99%.

I recall them changing something with trick arrow not too long ago. I had zero issue with what was changed. Something with the flash..  

But you think this change is a detriment to 99.99% of the people in this game ?

Was there some poll you took that I missed?  

Do you some how magically know what every player in game likes and dislikes ? 
You realize no one can take you serious with these crazy blanket statements. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

There are enough people for whom the 'head bob' seen in most first-person games causes vertigo that virtually every FPS and MMO that has head bob includes a setting to disable it. Or the people who have problems with VR because of the disjoin between what their eyes see and what their inner ear is telling them.

Yea that is me.. 

I guess my remaining thought is this: is the very subtle difference between a blurry, spinning alt and an alt surrounded by a blurry, spinning effect significant? That seems to come down to a very specific syndrome or reaction.

Maybe there is a difference between 0.1% and a very small number of players who, to make it simple, shouldn't select a powerset or power that affects them this way. Not being in any way dismissive, but there really has to be some threshold, and it sounds like this might be below that. I mean... are people dumbstruck-terrified of fire going to ask that fire powers be redesigned not to show any?

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 9/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, Shenanigunner said:

I guess my remaining thought is this: is the very subtle difference between a blurry, spinning alt and an alt surrounded by a blurry, spinning effect significant? That seems to come down to a very specific syndrome or reaction.

Maybe there is a difference between 0.1% and a very small number of players who, to make it simple, shouldn't select a powerset or power that affects them this way. Not being in any way dismissive, but there really has to be some threshold, and it sounds like this might be below that. I mean... are people dumbstruck-terrified of fire going to ask that fire powers be redesigned not to show any?

I never used the power. 

You can't really view the power until you pick it up. 

I respeced out of it. 

I doubt someone who is terrified of fire in the first place would pick the power set. But regardless they can test it out in the costume creator before building it out.

So it would be difficult to make that connection you are trying to make.  
Again you can't do that with Power pools, Epics or Ancillary powers. 

I will say using other powers did suppress the spin to some degree. So there is something there that would work and not break it. 

But I find the numbers given out a bit strange because again give some data of where these numbers come from. Simple answers is, you can't..  You are just making up numbers to fit your agenda. 

Look making up numbers and statistics. Not that I am being any way dismissive - 10% of forum Nazi really don't play the game. They just come to the forums to push false agendas and speak of gaming rules and internal processes they really don't know about or don't exist, except in their heads.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the idea of having an *option* to not have the character spinning (as was requested, the OP wasn't asking to force it on everyone) in response to their physical reaction to it is so offensive to some people, just consider it a request for a costume option, right along with the rest of power customization.  Just like making stealth powers able to not be translucent.

• Like 2

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.