Prison Break broke

CapnFreedom

• 2 weeks later

Had issues this Saturday morning with the Brickstown Prison Break event.  The opening sequence would count up to 12 prisoners apprehended, then freeze and no more prisoners would be present.  With a deficit of 8 on the counter, the event didn't advance to the next stage.

@GM Impervium kindly assisted, resetting the event, and even shutting down Brickstown 1 in favor of Brickstown 2, but the scenario played out again each time.

I should have counted, and didn't, but I got the impression that there were enough prisoners initially, but that perhaps the counter was not counting each one that was apprehended.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Had issues this Saturday morning with the Brickstown Prison Break event.  The opening sequence would count up to 12 prisoners apprehended, then freeze and no more prisoners would be present.  With a deficit of 8 on the counter, the event didn't advance to the next stage.

@GM Impervium kindly assisted, resetting the event, and even shutting down Brickstown 1 in favor of Brickstown 2, but the scenario played out again each time.

I should have counted, and didn't, but I got the impression that there were enough prisoners initially, but that perhaps the counter was not counting each one that was apprehended.

Known issue:

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 9/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, CapnFreedom said:

For at least three weeks now, even after server restart Tuesdays, Prison Break (Brickstown event) is still stuck at 12/20 Prisoners.

I blame lawyers. Probably that Chris Jenkins guy.

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• City Council
2 hours ago, Blood Speaker said:

Gosh, any interest in a server restart (or something more radical)? If this is stuck, what else needs a reboot?

Anyone? Beuller?..

Server restarts don't fix it.  Map restarts don't fix it.  The cause has been found, and a fix is being investigated.