The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Raining Zombies

Marine X

Was in Terra Volta to get Badges, Plaques and work on Tankbuster for a while this morning. As I was almost done with a Crowd of Freakshow the sky turned Red and the Zombie Apocalypse began. Dark Guardsman is level 31, so against level 29 Freaks I was doing fine but running low on Endurance, as the Zombies began attacking and I couldn't rest I was in trouble, I decided to seek shelter to recover. I flew up onto the top of the War Wall and landed, the Zombies began spawning in mid air and falling to the ground, one after another till the event ended. I really couldn't stop chuckling at how Silly they looked falling out of the Sky. It's raining Zombies, lol.1887638619_AirZombie.jpg.80df6af2ba89219c9bfea977c775bfba.jpg

Edited by Marine X
  • Haha 9

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Marine X changed the title to Raining Zombies

Just. Delightful. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

You will see this any time you are standing on a spot where the area to your NE is significantly lower than where you are standing. Watch the invasion spawns -- both zombies and Rikti -- and you'll see that they spawn NE of you, so if you move in that direction to fight them, the spawns will move NE as the invasion goes on. This is why the Portal Court fights in PI drift toward the drones.

What this means is that if you park on a ledge or roof on the N or E edge, or on the War Wall on the S or W sides of a zone, the spawns will be at your physical level NE of you, and will fall away to the ground. I've watched this happen with a character parked in the SE corner of the hospital roof in DA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rizlazz said:

if you can hit them as they fall do you get credit for them when they "land" ?

I tried that in Kallisti Wharf yesterday, but couldn't get enough damage on them before they hit for the impact to kill defeat them, so I don't know.

• Like 1

Just now, Doomguide2005 said:

Wormhole, Fold Space antics ... down, up, down up down.  Zombie a Yo yo!

Using Wormhole with "up:max" as a destination has an odd bug -- sometimes, the mobs you loft have a Wile E. Coyote moment and forget that they're supposed to fall, and remain standing in mid-air.

• Haha 2

For a select few: "Yer right, Joe. It does sound like the patter of rain on a tin roof."

⛑️

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com