I KNOW it used to be a big deal...

bodenee

..but the "kill-shot" used to be a big deal... now however,  I don't think it means anything.  But still, I remember getting the "You have defeated Hamidon" message seemed so cool!  Now it's with the Monsters and banners...  Oh and DoT for the win!! 

screenshot_211016-10-35-59.jpg

screenshot_211016-10-30-55.jpg

screenshot_211016-10-06-24.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-58-14.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-32-01.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-27-57.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-25-32.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-16-18.jpg

screenshot_211016-09-15-27.jpg

• Like 3

Guess they want everybody to get a gold star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

I've been on MSRs where the league leader  promises a prize to whomever gets the kill shot on the drop ship, so some people do still look for those.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

I don't specifically recall anyone calling out a kill shot that I performed, but I'd be terribly embarrassed if they did.  That's like 1% of the destruction rained on an AV or GM, and is really disrespectful of the team, league, or loosely gathered players who unleashed the other 99%.  It was a team take down.  Who cares who fired the last shot?

Now I might be less curmudgeonly towards the kill shot announcements if someone fired off a crater-making last shot for 25% total damage or so.  That would be impressive.

• 2 weeks later