Suggestion: Add 'Back' Option to 'Chest Details'

Given the number of jackets that are blank and/or bland on the back while the front doesn't have the proper geometry for 'Over' options to fit without hovering in the wrong place (looking at you, Cybertech and Leather jackets), and how common it is to see such jackets, hoodies, and robes out there with designs placed across the back rather than where a name tag goes at Bennigan's, I feel it would make sense to add an additional location for Chest Detail options, Symbols in particular, to be placed thusly.

Adding the ability to put emblems and symbols onto the back of a costume (even if just on a jacket) adds innumerable customization and roleplay choices. With the special symbols and leather jackets, faction-based biker gangs sounds totally possible. With numbers and Baggy/Armored/etc., one can emulate a sportsball player. With bare skin exposed on the back, this allows for tattoos to be scrawled across the back instead of just the Cyberpunk/Tsoo/Yakuza-inspired tattoos that are currently available.

Bonus Suggestion:

In line with the sportsball player theme, would it also be possible to add Symbols and/or Special Symbols and/or Letters & Numbers to the Helmet/Half-Helmet/Full-Helmet cosmetic slots (likely Detail 1 or 2)?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how feasible any of this is, but I'm all for more customization.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I don't know how feasible any of this is, but I'm all for more customization.

I would think that it could be done by adding "Symbols" as a category to the Back Options group, using the existing attachment point for backpacks and wings, since either of these would interfere with a symbol on the back, and you wouldn't have both. But that's just 'where does it hook to the costume'; there would still need to be the code changes to render them on the back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I would think that it could be done by adding "Symbols" as a category to the Back Options group, using the existing attachment point for backpacks and wings

My personal thought was just adding another anchor point into the 'Chest Details' section of location for appropriate costumes. Jackets, Robes, etc. have an 'Over' and 'Under' option, so 'Back' could be plugged in there. As for costumes that don't have Jacket/Robe/Whatever, having them as a separate section, 'Symbols', 'Special Symbols,' 'Back Symbols,' or in the case of adding emblems to Capes, that could just be a separate Cape choice as well, though I suspect it would be a large amount of work for a smallish amount of return.

• Like 1

I actually scrapped an alternate costume idea because it wanted some form of graphic on the back of a jacket, *and* picking a graphic on a baseball cap would have been an excellent bonus for that look.

Not a big deal, plenty of ways to do plenty of looks.  Though if the some form of the this suggestion is technically feasible, seeing it on the "someday roadmap" would be sweet.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.