Whip Set

Duuk

10 hours ago, Zepp said:

Like the Pentagram idea for an AOE attack. 

I know stationary pets are disliked. I pushed and was very vocal to make Gun Turret to Gun Drone.

But I know some sets have pets like Voltaic Sentinel or  Dark Servant on Corruptors. 

My half baked suggestion - What if one of the powers was  a demon recolored in the pentagram that would just shoot attacks as a turret.
Like you see in the movies the pentagram is usually used to keep something in or something out.  In this concept the demon can not leave the pentagram but can attack with range attack and also fight back if engaged in melee range.  

2 hours ago, plainguy said:

I know stationary pets are disliked. I pushed and was very vocal to make Gun Turret to Gun Drone.

But I know some sets have pets like Voltaic Sentinel or  Dark Servant on Corruptors. 

My half baked suggestion - What if one of the powers was  a demon recolored in the pentagram that would just shoot attacks as a turret.
Like you see in the movies the pentagram is usually used to keep something in or something out.  In this concept the demon can not leave the pentagram but can attack with range attack and also fight back if engaged in melee range.  

Ooh, a pentagram with repel vectored towards the center, keeping mobs in the Pentagram... interesting...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, plainguy said:

I don't - why force all whip users into a demonic theme?  Sure, the whip is going to be fiery/energy-based, but there are many ways to divorce that from any sort of demonic semblance by recoloring it, etc.  Maybe a generic diamond shape or overlapping squares, (one rotated about 45 degrees from the other), could be used to give plausible deniability to those not wanting such a theme.  Also, if we're going for a whip set, I'd prefer as many powers actually use said weapon, as possible, plus I already described how one of the animations could be used as a PBAoE.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, biostem said:

I don't - why force all whip users into a demonic theme?  Sure, the whip is going to be fiery/energy-based, but there are many ways to divorce that from any sort of demonic semblance by recoloring it, etc.  Maybe a generic diamond shape or overlapping squares, (one rotated about 45 degrees from the other), could be used to give plausible deniability to those not wanting such a theme.  Also, if we're going for a whip set, I'd prefer as many powers actually use said weapon, as possible, plus I already described how one of the animations could be used as a PBAoE.

My proposal was hellfire based. That being said, I am all for alternate animations, something tech based would be good.

That being said, I could envision a set more focused on whips.
Current animations:
Corruption (basically an uppercut with the whip)

Lash (kinda like a baseball throw with the whip - classic whip action)

Crack Whip (jump, rotate 360 degrees and slash)

Hell on Earth (lasso an ally (enemy?))

So, four animations. The only way to get a flat out whip set is to either use some of them multiple times or supplement with non-whip powers... For my proposal I went with the latter.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

4 hours ago, biostem said:

You are right !

IF a Pet gets involved, maybe some sort of alternate animation of sorts.

Maybe whips could be the first NON VEAT set with leveling choices.. 
All whip attacks or mix of whips and guns or demonic theme or Tech Theme..  IF a Pet.. demon or some turret type ETC.. 

But overall you are correct

• Thanks 1