General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 3

23 hours ago, Jacke said:

This already exists.

Try out these two.  The first one helps.  The second one really helps.

All 3 numeric stacking, Group Window hide auto
/optionset buffsettings 1052944

All 3 numeric stacking, Group Window hide auto & hide toggles
/optionset buffsettings 1053456

Oh no way i had no idea this was a thing! Still though it should be more easily accessible for everyone who's not aware/on forums simply by right clicking on the team buff bar window etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I don't get the pearl-clutching over the amps.

The buffs are minor. I mean, sure, they can be nice to have on a lowbie who doesn't have a lot of other options... but they aren't an instant "I Win the World!"-button or anything. 2,5m is much more than they'd ever be worth in my opinion, at any level. And honestly, access to low-level SOs is a much, much bigger deal balance-wise than these things ever have been. If you want to grump about something making the early game easier? That's a much bigger target than anything a lowbie can get from an amplifier. 

While I agree that the SO availability has helped low level gameplay a lot, that has way less impact then the amps.

The offensive amp adds about 1.5 slots worth of enhancements to any damage power and 0.5 slots to any other recharging one. At a time where you have almost no slots available that counts for quite bit.

The defensive amp is even more of a powerhouse: It's a free Weave with 1.5x free Shield Wall unique. And most importantly for many ATs its the only allaround mez protection they can get before Clarion. So this one stays relevant all along the leveling curve. In endgame builds the 5% extra defense gives a lot of wiggle room with set options.

The survival amp feels the weakest one, but still 20% extra recovery is almost a free additional stamina.

I'll argue that these three combined has much more of an impact than allowing SOs below 25.

Are they needed? No. The game can well be played without. But "weakening" early and mid game builds while at the same time keeping them at near the same cost for the highest levels feels odd. Aren't there already enough players skipping all content to only play(steamroll) at the max level? It's becoming harder and harder to find players for missions in the 30s. But as soon as I hit 45 I'll drown in tells when LFM. 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:10 AM, DougReyn said:

While I agree that the SO availability has helped low level gameplay a lot, that has way less impact then the amps.

The offensive amp adds about 1.5 slots worth of enhancements to any damage power and 0.5 slots to any other recharging one. At a time where you have almost no slots available that counts for quite bit.

The defensive amp is even more of a powerhouse: It's a free Weave with 1.5x free Shield Wall unique. And most importantly for many ATs its the only allaround mez protection they can get before Clarion. So this one stays relevant all along the leveling curve. In endgame builds the 5% extra defense gives a lot of wiggle room with set options.

The survival amp feels the weakest one, but still 20% extra recovery is almost a free additional stamina.

I'll argue that these three combined has much more of an impact than allowing SOs below 25.

Are they needed? No. The game can well be played without. But "weakening" early and mid game builds while at the same time keeping them at near the same cost for the highest levels feels odd. Aren't there already enough players skipping all content to only play(steamroll) at the max level? It's becoming harder and harder to find players for missions in the 30s. But as soon as I hit 45 I'll drown in tells when LFM. 

So they should be making it easier and more palatable to do the content in the 30s. Again, I would leave amps as is and just not make them pausable.

We might want to create a separate thread for the TF changes or at least the Caverns of Transcendence Trail.

I did a quick run.

Will the mobs size always be set as if you're a team of 8? I ran it at 1x1 and I was getting full sized spawns.

Caverns of Transcendence Trial

• Almost entirely redone system-side.
  • Objectives now track on the navigation telling you how many obelisks remain.
  • Koago must now be defeated to complete the trial.
  • Mob spawns re-evaluated, many packs had a 20% of spawning, causing the trial map to sometimes generate as an almost entirely empty instance.
  • In set interval checks, surviving mobs on the map will have a chance to start chasing players depending on team size and how many obelisks have been completed.
  • In addition to existing rewards, it now also has MissionOwner, which will trigger various Day Job bonuses and a chance of Pool B recipe.
  • Thanks 1

Hm. adding a higher cost to the Amplifier would only stop new players that have no "farm" char from buying them outright. So keeping the older price is IMO a much better choice. I don't build chars with the Amplifiers in mind, so I have simple no need to buy them at higher lvls. However starting at lvl 1 and playing through the content the certainly help a lot, a Blaster with some mez protection is way more enjoyable in the early lvls.

After you have access to incranate powers and finish your IO build the powers lose their appeal, even if some are stronger to some you get later in the endgame like the Blessing of Tielekku. For the lower lvls I would keep them without the raising cost but maybe  make it so that the deactivate after you finish your alpha slot or reach lvl 50.

Edited by tricon

I just want to thank the Council of Thirteen for listening to our feedback and reverting the changes to the P2W Amplifiers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• 1 month later