Warshades..ok where's them macros!?

Ok, ok, I looked around, searched through threads, found a couple here and there.

BUT, not too much info.

So who's got that golden ticket, who's gonna be my Willy Wonka to my Charlie, Virgil to my Dante on this little trip?

Leveling a WS is a different kind of beast to be sure, I'm going tri to benefit from everything this AT can offer. I'm at a whopping lvl 9 now heading into the Hollows, and following Dechs MF Warshade as a guide of sorts.

So any help, advice, etc is of course appreciated. Yeah macros, I won't remember anything else, getting old, foggy brained, yada yada yada.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

https://www.shenanigunner.com/ has literally everything you ever wanted to learn about macros and binds and more.

Otherwise for form swapping I usually use something like: /bind subtract "powexec_name "dark nova"$$Goto_Tray 9" or /bind subtract "powexec_name "black dwarf"$$Goto_Tray 8"

But you can get creative and use toggle_off and toggle_on, and on the toggle off ones you can chain a toggle on for a quick armor or a stealth in human form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

https://www.shenanigunner.com/ has literally everything you ever wanted to learn about macros and binds and more.

Otherwise for form swapping I usually use something like: /bind subtract "powexec_name "dark nova"$$Goto_Tray 9" or /bind subtract "powexec_name "black dwarf"$$Goto_Tray 8"

But you can get creative and use toggle_off and toggle_on, and on the toggle off ones you can chain a toggle on for a quick armor or a stealth in human form.

Unfortunately, the macro section is 404...thanks anyways.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

21 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Read the technical reference guide. Anything that can be made a bind can be made into a macro.

Also another link for macro icons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1uHUi6BWFTYj4wbfGBs3LjZL88Fym6B-8EwDr18YZcY8/htmlview#gid=0

Ooofff, that's going to be some reading lol.

Going off memory, I think I always used powexectoggleon instead of powexecname because sometimes I'd doubletap a key and drop back out of the forms when I didn't want to.

I think they went like this:

/bind v "powexectoggleon dark nova$$gototray 5"

/bind b "powexectoggleon black dwarf$$gototray 6"

/bind n "powexectoggleoff dark nova$$powexectoggleoff black dwarf$$gototray 3"

And I left hasten on auto so it would fire back off whenever I dropped back into human form.

• Thanks 1

Copied from the net. Bind files attached below:

Binds for Making the most of your Kheldian

For each type of Kheldian, I recommend having 3 files for binds.

What the  binds assume is that you put your nova blasts in tray 4, your dwarf attacks in tray 3, and you use use 1/2/5 for three trays of human junk. What matters is that tray 1 is normally on the bottom, and 3 and 4 are off-screen normally, but swap in when you change forms .

A lot of people use similar binds and toggle on shields in their switch from Dwarf to human mode. I used to, but it irked me when it interference with things like the PB Triple-Alpha (see below), or when popping out of Black Dwarf to do a 2nd Mire.

With these binds, the q key switches you to nova form, and the e key is dwarf. If you’re already in the form you pick, you switch back to human. (But if you’re in nova and click e, you’ll drop nova and immediately begin shifting to dwarf form)

Here’s the set for warshades:

ws_humanform.txt

Quote:
e “powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexec_name Black Dwarf Step$$goto_tray 3$$bind_load_file c:cohws_blackdwarf.txt”
q “powexec_toggleon Dark Nova$$goto_tray 4$$bind_load_file c:cohws_nova.txt”

ws_blackdwarf.txt

Quote:
e “powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexec_name Shadow Step$$goto_tray 1$$bind_load_file c:cohws_humanform.txt”
q “powexec_toggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexec_toggleon Dark Nova$$goto_tray 4$$bind_load_file c:cohws_nova.txt

ws_nova.txt

Quote:
e “powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$goto_tray 3$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexec_name Black Dwarf Step$$powexec_toggleon Black Dwarf$$bind_load_file c:cohws_blackdwarf.txt”
q “powexec_toggleoff Dark Nova$$goto_tray 1$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexec_name Shadow Step$$bind_load_file c:cohws_humanform.txt”
One notable difference here is that we rebind a bind for dwarf form. With my warshade, I like using shift+left mouse button to teleport to wherever I am pointing. Placing that circle is a pain. But since both forms have teleports which use different names, we rebind them, so whichever form we’re in, shift+LCLICK is the right teleport.There are two other must-have binds; some other people have put forth more complicated versions which scan for White Dwarves, Bright Novas, and Shadow Cysts. I don’t worry about those, because they’re easy to spot from a distance. Not as true for voids, and not at ALL true for quantums, which tend to blend in completely. so I do:

/bind b “target_name quantum$$target_name void”
/bind v “team I see that $target is carrying a Quantum weapon! Please make sure that $target is taken care of quickly!”

That lets you quickly target and warn a team about a Quantum/Void. Using the b key is pretty critical – I always do it before going into any fight. You’ll still be caught unawares once in a while, say going around a corner or such, but at least you won’t stupidly charge a big pack with a Quantum sitting in the middle!

Here’s another great one that’s floating around, that’s a brilliant bind:

/bind TAB “target_enemy_next$$target_custom_next enemy alive quantum$$target_custom_next enemy alive void$$target_custom_next enemy alive cyst”

About the only reason you’d stick with the b bind and not use the tab bind is that you didn’t like the “X not found!” spam.

For Warshades, I also like having a dead-corpse bind. I use this:

/bind z target_custom_next enemy defeated

That will cycle through defeated enemies so you can pick a corpse to blow up.

A note on setting up trays

A lot of powers you’ll use regularly you’ll want to know WHEN they are recharged. While it is hard to tell an almost-recharged power from a fully-recharged power when it is faded out, when a power recharges fully, it does a little “burst” on screen, even when faded. So if you are in dwarf form, you can keep an eye on Eclipse, and know when it is ready again because of the “pop”.

I often slot certain powers in multiple trays, not to use, but to keep an eye on their recharge. For example, while my dwarf mire sits in the 1-key position in my dwarf tray, it ALSO sits at the far right of my top tray. (I use an ergo keyboard, so reaching for keys past 5 is generally infeasible; so I use 3 trays + dwarf/nova attacks in their own trays, and pack them all into numbers 1-5 unless they’re rarely used. So 6-10 is for rare things like rest or accolade powers, or for “monitoring” as I describe here) So when in nova or human form, I can see Black Dwarf Mire “pop” when it is ready.

ws_blackdwarf.txt ws_humanform.txt ws_nova.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

A lot of people use similar binds and toggle on shields in their switch from Dwarf to human mode. I used to, but it irked me when it interference with things like the PB Triple-Alpha (see below), or when popping out of Black Dwarf to do a 2nd Mire.

I've a separate key bound for Human Toggles on by pressing it repeatedly. Sorted so the Stealthy powers activate 1st (because often they're all I want). 

v "powexec_toggleon Orbiting Death$$powexec_toggleon Twilight Shield$$powexec_toggleon Gravity Shield$$powexec_toggleon Penumbral Shield$$powexec_toggleon Maneuvers$$powexec_toggleon Combat Jumping$$powexec_toggleon Sprint$$powexec_toggleon Shadow Cloak"

Weirdly I don't even have Orbiting Debt. Normally I just hit it twice for Cloak and Stealthy Sprint. That enough to be invisible. 

• Thanks 2