Compiled Dev Choice Awards for HC. (ongoing)

TerroirNoir

I just thought I'd stick all these posts into a single place for ease of reference.  I hope it helps others looking for recommendations for AE material to play.

JUNE 2020

AUGUST 2020

SEPTEMBER 2020

OCTOBER 2020

NOVEMBER 2020

DECEMBER 2020

(Then we had a hiatus for several months)

AUGUST 2021

OCTOBER 2021

NOVEMBER 2021

DECEMBER 2021

JANUARY 2022

FEBRUARY 2022

March 2022

As well as the above Dev Choices there are one-off Dev Competitions for specifically themed AEs.  

The Holiday AE 2020 competition is included in the above December 2020 link.

Cimerora AE Competition.

The Holiday AE 2021 competition is linked below. Enjoy!

Edited by TerroirNoir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

Useful, @TerroirNoir!  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Apart from the HC Dev's Choices there are (currently) 11 other Dev Choice arcs that were "grandfathered" into the current Hall of Fame line up.

Through Rose-Tinted Glasses by @leese. Arc id 22.

The Most Important Thing - Best Hero Arc '09 by @Aisynia. Arc id 33.

The Wretch's Gift by @Aisynia. Arc id 34.

Astoria in D Minor by @The Cheshire Cat. Arc id 60.

The Beating Heart of Astoria: A Play in Five Acts by @The Cheshire Cat. Arc id 61.

Signal:Noise by @The Cheshire Cat. Arc id 63.

Who Dares Wins by @Zaphir. Arc id 239.

The Coldest of Wars by @Zaphir. Arc id 240.

The Astral Prison by @Zaphir. Arc id 241.

The Villain Wrangler by @Rogue Ivy. Arc id 7655.

A Farewell to Knives by @Kalachakra. Arc id 8110.

(We were lucky enough that these writers had their original arcs from pre Sunset stored safely somewhere!)

Edited by TerroirNoir
  • Thanks 2

Great to be back in CoX!

• 3 weeks later

Congrats to Dec winners!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Say, did they announce a winner from the Christmas-themed one and I missed it somewhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Ok folks, the GMs are working the little socks off at building a new metric for these, in the meantime rather than the usual three (ONLY THREE!) we get per month, it seems all of the above mentioned Dev Choices (not the seasonal and 'grandfathered' ones I'm afraid) give full XP and so on.  So get in there and try them out.  The first 32 listed Arcs in the AE are currently ALL Dev Choices again...or you can just go through the list above and see what you like!  There's some talented people on that list.  Give them some appreciation.  

Edited by TerroirNoir
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great to be back in CoX!

42 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Haven't done AE in seemingly forever, but with a lot of 50's I'm now interested, so I'm happy to see such a compilation.  Thanks @TerroirNoir!

One question:  is this a good list for solo play?  

Having played a lot of these (and scripted a few), I'd say most SFMA's are solo-friendly. Of course, AT selection can shift the equation one way or another on the "friendly" scale.:-)

• Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:27 PM, Techwright said:

Haven't done AE in seemingly forever, but with a lot of 50's I'm now interested, so I'm happy to see such a compilation.  Thanks @TerroirNoir!

One question:  is this a good list for solo play?  

Ah, @cranebump beat me to it.  Exactly what they said.  And their stuff is top notch for story by the way.   Overall?  Most of them are solo-able.  It does depend on AT.  A few have giant monsters in them, but those are (as far as I remember anyway) optional.  AE giant monsters don't drop Reward Merits though.  They did at one point but that was removed to stop exploits. 

They vary from individual, quirky stories of heroes and villains and praetorians, to what-ifs to tightly woven canon based stories that could easily just belong to the main game, to just out there oddness. They're not all going to be to your individual taste, but then what is?  Anyway.  Enjoy!

Edited by TerroirNoir
  • Thumbs Up 3

Great to be back in CoX!

• 2 weeks later
On 4/30/2022 at 3:06 AM, TerroirNoir said:

Ok folks, the GMs are working the little socks off at building a new metric for these, in the meantime rather than the usual three (ONLY THREE!) we get per month, it seems all of the above mentioned Dev Choices (not the seasonal and 'grandfathered' ones I'm afraid) give full XP and so on.  So get in there and try them out.  The first 32 listed Arcs in the AE are currently ALL Dev Choices again...or you can just go through the list above and see what you like!  There's some talented people on that list.  Give them some appreciation.  

Ok, this may be a bit cheeky of me, but @GM Sparky and the gang, is is possible for these 32 to be rotated up and down the list, rather than players just doing what they always do and play the very first one and ignore the rest?  That's not saying the first one is bad or anything, I would ask this no matter what one was on top.  

• Thanks 1

Great to be back in CoX!

• 3 months later

With all the debate/discussion/whatever raging back and forth across several threads on the forums about various things in the AE, I'll just pop this to the top for a moment and say: Try out these Dev Choices!  There's some good stuff in there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great to be back in CoX!

• 1 month later

Just a bump post!  Try out the Dev Choices on this list!  And then get over to the thread linked below, read the nomination rules and nominate an AE that you think is worth getting a Dev Choice!  They've been on a little break for a bit but don't let that deter you!  Happy gaming! 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Great to be back in CoX!

• 1 month later

Just bumping this @TerroirNoir. Letting people know a little more on what's available beyond the few lines on the AE consoles.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 weeks later

@TerroirNoir and @Zhym's continued support of the AE stories is so awesome to see, and much appreciated.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**