December Dev's Choice and Holiday AE Contest Winners

GM Vayek

• Retired Game Master

Hi everyone!

First of all, as always, I thoroughly enjoy all of the content you guys are creating! We really enjoy playing through all of them and seeing all the creative stories you guys come up with. Having said that, we've selected some more story arcs for Dev's Choice that we really enjoyed!

The author(s) will receive 1,000 Reward Merits and a Golden Title. I will be in contact with you shortly regarding your rewards!

Please keep in mind if you have previously submitted an arc it is still a potential Dev's contender, we have not yet been able to review them all and are working on an active list. We will continue to update you on selected arcs, so check back often!

Any previously awarded "Dev's Choice" arcs, will be moved to "Hall of Fame". After testing the current selection, be sure to filter for these to checkout some other great arcs!

Adventures in Wonderland

• Arc ID: 28330
  • Created by: @Ankylosaur
  • Number of Missions: 5
  • Level Range: 25-54
  • Description: "Alice Liddell could use your help at the University library in Croatoa. Wait, was that THE White Rabbit that just ran by? [SFMA]”

Dev Review: "This was a creative mix of Alice in Wonderland and Croatoan Circle of Thorns lore! We’re all a little mad here down this rabbit hole of zany insanity!”

Release Candidate

• Arc ID: 31010
  • Created by: @Takel
  • Number of Missions: 5
  • Level Range: 1 - 54
  • Description: "WANTED: Superpowered Individuals to test an advanced new AI matrix for Architect Entertainment. Excitement guaranteed!”. 

Dev Review:  "Step up and help the Archetict Entertainment developers test a new matrix system. Testers are needed, FOR SCIENCE!"

Check out these arcs and let us know what you think! 

Special thank you to all the GMs that help us test out each of these arcs! Your time is incredibly appreciated.

Additionally, if you have any arcs to review for Dev's Choice feel free to message them to @GM Sparky via Forum Message or Discord. You can also post any recommended arcs for us to review here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/17094-ae-dev-choice/

December Holiday Contest Winner

First off, thank you for participating in our first ever Holiday AE Contest! You are awesome!

The decision was hard, and that is thanks to all the awesome submissions by amazingly creative people.

In the end, we decided  two arcs deserved to win:

The Christmas Contagion

• Arc ID: 34661
  • Created by: @Shocktacular
  • Number of Missions: 2
  • Level Range: 1-54
  • Description: "A Portal Corp. scientist found a Christmas dimension, and she brought back some amazing eggnog. Turns out it was contaminated with The Christmas Contagion! Now people everywhere are being “Jollified” as the contagion spreads! Can you stop this holiday disease and defeat whoever is behind it?”

Dev Review: "An all around fun and “Jollified” time! Lots of fun custom characters, and a highly entertaining plot. I wish all my office parties turned out like this!”

Secret Christmas S.O.S.

• Arc ID: 34930
  • Created by: @aekolm
  • Number of Missions: 2
  • Level Range: 45-54
  • Description: "It’s Christmas Eve...Eve, you know that day where everyone races to supermart for last minute gifts and the intense anxiety of dealing with the relatives and disgust of raw egg nog merge to create a new emotion even worse than it parts. But as you dwell in agony you notice an S.O.S from near by.”

Dev Review: "A deal gone sour, like bad egg nog. It’s time to gather your signature allies and get to the bottom of this holiday mystery!”

Holiday Honorable Mentions

Pandora's Gift Box

• Arc ID: 35033
  • Created by: @Aranatta
  • Number of Missions: 3
  • Level Range: 45-50
  • Description: "Riots are breaking out all through out Paragon City. This isn't the kind of Cheer the holidays are supposed to bring."

Christmas Comes to Oranbega

• Arc ID: 34471
  • Created by: @Takel
  • Number of Missions: 3
  • Level Range: 40-54
  • Description: "The Circle of Thorns kidnaps Santa Claus in an attempt to bind the Winter Lord, are defeated by an army led by Rudolph, and learn the true meaning of Christmas. (At least one part of that is a lie.)"
Edited by GM Sparky
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to the deserving winners! The original event verbiage mentioned "Honorable Mentions." Were there any of these? Or was one of these the HM?

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

😮
😮

😮

... wait, I actually WON something?!

😮

😄

This made my day!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I played Release Candidate last night.  This mission is a great introduction to AE and the DEVs may want to consider putting in a contact outside the Atlas AE just to give this arc as an introduction to AE rather than have it among those you can select.  (If you do that, tone down the last fight a little.)

• Like 2

Glad you all enjoyed wandering around wonderland! 

Thrilled and honored to be selected, Thanks so much!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

23 hours ago, laudwic said:

I played Release Candidate last night.  This mission is a great introduction to AE and the DEVs may want to consider putting in a contact outside the Atlas AE just to give this arc as an introduction to AE rather than have it among those you can select.  (If you do that, tone down the last fight a little.)

My original inspiration for the arc was “what if I did an AE arc where the fact that it’s an AE arc was a plot point“ — not in a breaking the fourth wall sense so much as poking it with a stick and seeing what happens. Comments like that help me to know I did a good job of it.

• Like 1

Release Candidate was superb. Just completed it with my Incarnate lvl Bots/EA mastermind. Kudos!

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• Retired Game Master
On 12/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, cranebump said:

The original event verbiage mentioned "Honorable Mentions." Were there any of these? 

You're absolutely right that it did! And I forgot to add them into the post!

But no need to fear. I have corrected my mistake and have added them into the announcement post!

Thank you for reminding me. And have a great holiday season!

• Like 1

• Arcanum featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later