Stone Armor aka Tanks for the claws.

Marshal_General

Brutes have claws and stone armor with granite (just not together). Claws proliferation.. That's next year.. maybe.. soon

(note: there would likely be some details to still work out for Stone Armor and Shield Defense)

though soon™ could always be sooner than we think:

Claws is a standard power set that is a primary set for BrutesScrappers, and Stalkers, and a secondary set for Tankers.

"Claws are bones or blades that extend from your hands and cause Lethal damage. The lightweight, natural feel of claws gives this power set a reduced Endurance cost and faster attack rate than other melee sets."  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Claws

-progess vs-

Claws is a standard power set that is a primary set for BrutesScrappers, and Stalkers.

"Claws are bones or blades that extend from your hands and cause Lethal damage. The lightweight, natural feel of claws gives this power set a reduced Endurance cost and faster attack rate than other melee sets."  https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Claws

Edited by Troo
troo find oopsie

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

ah, yes. Brutes and Tankers in the same boat then. 

maybe I should have said:  Further Claws proliferation.. That's next year.. maybe.. soon

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

Why does granite prohibit claws?

I don't know and will admit that I could be remembering incorrectly.  IIRC this was the reason given at some point.  Animations maybe?

Again, I could be totally wrong, and if I am I'll strike-through my original post. 🙂

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

I don't know and will admit that I could be remembering incorrectly.  IIRC this was the reason given at some point.  Animations maybe?

Again, I could be totally wrong, and if I am I'll strike-through my original post. 🙂

Yeah, I thought I remember it being an animation issue as well.

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I find Claws to be sadly lacking in damage. I think on a Tank they are frustrating outside of concept.

I'm not sure what's the issue with tankers? Claws is amazing on tank, especially with Spin. Insane AoE.

Claws is lacking on Stalker due to no Spin. ::sadface::

Edited by Chargestone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chargestone said:

I'm not sure what's the issue with tankers? Claws is amazing on tank, especially with Spin. Insane AoE.

Claws is lacking on Stalker due to no Spin. ::sadface::

I won't argue with the Spin part on Stalkers, or even The Lotus Drops for Stalkers. Losing out on those two AoEs hurt the sets IMO as well.

It's an animation issue between Granite Armor and how the claws are built into the chassis of the character model. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter