Is it my imagination or did they add xp bonus powers to Hero Packs?

Yomo Kimyata

28 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

I came to the conclusion that they had replaced amplifiers, as I opened a bunch of winter packs today and got zero amplifier drops. Can anyone confirm that amplifiers are still awarded?

There never were amplifiers in Winter Packs, only Hero and Vig Packs:

Who run Bartertown?

29 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

There never were amplifiers in Winter Packs, only Hero and Vig Packs:

Thanks, Yomo. I didn't really want to open that many packs until after they got rid of that useless 25% and 50% xp boosters. I love my experienced temps! 

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Thanks, Yomo. I didn't really want to open that many packs until after they got rid of that useless 25% and 50% xp boosters. I love my experienced temps! 

Then don't open your Winter Packs, because Experienced (and therefore useless XP boosters) is in all three packs...

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I'm sure I'll find a use for the % boosters, as I'm guessing they don't negate the inf earning like 2xp from p2w. 

As far as I know they're exactly the same power you get for free from P2W. E.g. if you already have double XP active, or are level 50, you can't claim these.

Since this bug is the only way to have XP boosters in character items email, I wonder if they could be converted to experienced charges when the fix for the bug goes live?

That would require not claiming them in the meantime but it'd be a lot better than just losing the value of those spots in the reward list.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ukase said:

Confirmed. Just bought a dozen packs. 

image.thumb.png.54cca47cbbdc4a7db7f8447b1bb781cd.pngConf

oopsie. no packopening until January 11th 4th. 😞

I bet there are other rewards dropping that shouldn't be. you all should continue testing.. for the good of everyone else.

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The Winter Event is active until January 4, 2022.

* Presents can be found and given and the Winter Lord can spawn.

* Winter Super Packs are discounted to 15,000,000 Inf.

* Note that there is a minor bug with Winter Super Packs: instead of Experienced you will receive an XP Booster. If this is a problem, wait until after the Winter Event ends to open your packs.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 12/4/2021 at 4:59 PM, Aeroprism said:

I smell a conspiracy to twart our plan to use the annual Winter Pack sale event.

A cheap trick!

... but ...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116c9b034fc9b46310ab

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, Faultline said:

There are four card rarities; prior to this patch, Experienced dropped on all four, and with this patch, you get Experienced on Common, 25% XP on Uncommon, 50% on Rare, 100% on Very Rare. That's the only change. Will be reverted on the next non-critical patch.

I read rarities as singularities and was in the MCU for a bit.  I'm back now 🙂

1 hour ago, wjrasmussen said:

collect them all?

It's just pure conjecture on my part. If you look at the bottom right corner of each "card", you'll see a fraction. Some number over 218. So, that leads me to assume there are 218 different things we can get.