Is it my imagination or did they add xp bonus powers to Hero Packs?

Yomo Kimyata

Do you mean Experienced?  If so, that's been popping out of packs since... Page 2, I think?  I remember noticing them when everyone received 5x Experienced (was that New Year?), and using them to keep a character in patrol XP for several levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Do you mean Experienced?  If so, that's been popping out of packs since... Page 2, I think?  I remember noticing them when everyone received 5x Experienced (was that New Year?), and using them to keep a character in patrol XP for several levels.

Nerp.

2021-12-02.png.4ae4b67ff9887089c2f103e74221c4d5.png

1346036963_2021-12-02(1).png.15bebfe32ae0ec63a66835c1d63ef0c1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

Interesting.

Postulation: they were added when the P2W 2x XP buff was being locked at 2,500,000/hr for all levels, and someone forgot to remove them when the P2W buff was reset to scale by level.

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

Interesting.

Postulation: they were added when the P2W 2x XP buff was being locked at 2,500,000/hr for all levels, and someone forgot to remove them when the P2W buff was reset to scale by level.

That was back in live? I can't recall them ever locking XP gain at a certain rate. 

15 minutes ago, Ukase said:

That was back in live? I can't recall them ever locking XP gain at a certain rate. 

No, the Page 3 beta... and I've been confusing the amplifiers with the XP buffs.

I apologize, everyone, my brain is mush at this point.  I was supposed to mulch some fruit trees, but the mulch turned out to be mostly red clay and gravel.  Then I had to stock up on firewood, as I won't have time to do that again until next Thursday.  I'm pooped.  You folks figure out where those buffs came from, I'm going to eat some ibuprofen and go to bed.

Just now, Luminara said:

No, the Page 3 beta... and I've been confusing the amplifiers with the XP buffs.

I apologize, everyone, my brain is mush at this point.  I was supposed to mulch some fruit trees, but the mulch turned out to be mostly red clay and gravel.  Then I had to stock up on firewood, as I won't have time to do that again until next Thursday.  I'm pooped.  You folks figure out where those buffs came from, I'm going to eat some ibuprofen and go to bed.

No worries. Rest is a weapon. Be well-armed! 

If they only started showing up on Tuesday, perhaps an unintended consequence of moving the XP boosters around in the P2W window, much like the help channel being flooded with people freaked out that they seem to be gone.

At any rate, it's a super-crappy thing to get from a pack since they're free from the vendor. At least Windfall has some value. I think. And they can't be deleted, either from mail or once claimed. Urgh.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

31 minutes ago, Placta said:

At any rate, it's a super-crappy thing to get from a pack since they're free from the vendor. At least Windfall has some value. I think. And they can't be deleted, either from mail or once claimed. Urgh.

You said a mouthful!

My reputable source says that it's a bug and that it replaced Experienced.  They have top men working on it.

Top.  Men.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

My reputable source says that it's a bug and that it replaced Experienced.

It didn't entirely replace Experienced; I got both from the last round of packs I bought. Maybe just in the rogue/vigilante packs?

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• Lead Game Master

Hey all!

So, we've confirmed that this IS a bug, and should NOT be happening. Since the Dev team is on vacation and not available to fix anything not utterly game-breaking until January, our suggestions is to avoid opening Super Packs until then (as the 2xp boosts are kinda meaningless when they're free from p2w).

Unless you don't mind having those instead of the experienced powers, then, w/e,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

3 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Hey all!

So, we've confirmed that this IS a bug, and should NOT be happening. Since the Dev team is on vacation and not available to fix anything not utterly game-breaking until January, our suggestions is to avoid opening Super Packs until then (as the 2xp boosts are kinda meaningless when they're free from p2w).

Unless you don't mind having those instead of the experienced powers, then, w/e,

Top.  People.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

On 12/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, Mr. Vee said:

Have you checked if they work post-50 or do they cut off like the p2w ones?

Late to the "party", but, yeah, the Super Pack versions are identical to the P2W version. Before seeing this thread, I tried claiming one on a lv50, and it stopped me. I also tried to claim one on a lv 8 character who had a P2W Double Booster running, and it also stopped me. When I deleted the Double Booster, I was able to claim the 25% booster from email. Then when I went to delete the 25% booster, it asked something like "Delete 25xpb2877?". Smelled buggy.

• Thanks 1

• City Council
On 12/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, Placta said:

It didn't entirely replace Experienced; I got both from the last round of packs I bought. Maybe just in the rogue/vigilante packs?

There are four card rarities; prior to this patch, Experienced dropped on all four, and with this patch, you get Experienced on Common, 25% XP on Uncommon, 50% on Rare, 100% on Very Rare. That's the only change. Will be reverted on the next non-critical patch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faultline said:

There are four card rarities; prior to this patch, Experienced dropped on all four, and with this patch, you get Experienced on Common, 25% XP on Uncommon, 50% on Rare, 100% on Very Rare. That's the only change. Will be reverted on the next non-critical patch.

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, personally, it doesn't affect me too much. I already have around a hundred charges of Experienced, so getting those is almost like a dead card to me anyways. I was more concerned if it took the place of other cards that I do want from the packs. Still sucks for those who are wanting the Experienced charges, no doubt. But I'll probably still open packs while this gets resolved.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:33 AM, Faultline said:

I came to the conclusion that they had replaced amplifiers, as I opened a bunch of winter packs today and got zero amplifier drops. Can anyone confirm that amplifiers are still awarded?

19 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

I came to the conclusion that they had replaced amplifiers, as I opened a bunch of winter packs today and got zero amplifier drops. Can anyone confirm that amplifiers are still awarded?

I don't have the time to open any packs just yet - spent too much time grabbing and rebidding as I grabbed more inf from my email. 
I'll try to open a hundred during lunch and report back.