Being Kind to One Another

Rahabina

Hello Fellow Nerds!

I just want to say I notice in the chat most times people are nice and very helpful. 

On occasion I see some sarcasm and random meanness. Please try to be kind even if you disagree with someone.  If a player asks something, like a game question from a newcomer for example, address them in the public chat positively and helpfully and sometimes send them a kind whisper.  

We are lucky to have Homecoming, those of us from Live were thrilled that we could play our favorite game again and for FREE!

So be grateful and keep our virtual full of positive vibes ❤️

v/r,

Rahabina

Edited by Rahabina
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Rahabina said:

Hello Fellow Nerds!

I just want to say I notice in the chat most times people are nice and very helpful. 

On occasion I see some sarcasm and random meanness. Please try to be kind even if you disagree with someone.  If you a player ask something, like a game question from a newcomer for example, address them in the public chat positively and helpfully and sometimes send them a kind whisper.  

We are lucky to have Homecoming, those of us from Live were thrilled that we could play our favorite game again and for FREE!

v/r,

Rahabina

WHO THE HECK ARE YOU CALLING A NERD

• Haha 3

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

53 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Have you lost your mind? 

It is a beautiful, uplifting post but at the same time a magnet for trouble makers, as proven by you and I posting here :P, I do pray Rahabina gets only nice responses and cheers.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 minute ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

Ooooh boy, you did it again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rahabina said:

I can handle it LOL ❤️ 

Take asses and kick names! Nicely of course.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Albion said:

Take asses and kick names! Nicely of course.

What made me write it was early today I was farming and I noticed someone started to get nasty in General, I said "Please be nice now" and they replied "OK..."

I think I am becoming my mother 👼

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Rahabina said:

What made me write it was early today I was farming and I noticed someone started to get nasty in General, I said "Please be nice now" and they replied "OK..."

I think I am becoming my mother 👼

I don't look at general anymore unless I want to pick a fight or laugh, heck, even in help channel some people really take offense on questions being asked and gives passive-aggressive feedback, it is quite a sight, if you are not on the receiving end, you ok though, we all turn into our mothers eventually, there is no escape.

• Like 1

Just now, Krimson said:

When I make a toon, I remove General from the main tab and place it in it's own tab. I also delete the Help tab and then make a new one with just Help. That way if chatter gets crazy I can tab away. 

i just get bored when i farm, often i wake up at like 4am and just look for people in the chat to talk to, this early any chat is nice

• Haha 1

You're a nerd. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

21 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

You're a nerd. 

You just want to start this war all over again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A geek is someone who really goes all out in a hobby or a field.

I'm a geek.  

A nerd is a derogatory word used to tease people who show and value intellect and the accumulation of knowledge. Over time, the word became worn as something of a pride. Being a nerd is good, and valued.

I am also a nerd.

Then again, by the very definition of CoH, it's a good bet that 99%+ people here know this because they're also geeks. And nerds.

We're all the same brothers and sisters of such fine quality.

5 hours ago, Rahabina said:

Precisely. 🧡

Edit: Typos because English is not my first language and trying to be eloquent when you mess your verb tenses, well...

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Aeroprism said:

I'm a geek.  

A nerd is a derogatory word used to tease people who show and value intellect and the accumulation of knowledge. Over time, the word became worn as something of a pride. Being a nerd is good, and valued.

I am also a nerd.

Then again, by the very definition of CoH, it's a good bet that 99%+ people here know this because they're also geeks. And nerds.

Precisely. 🧡

You can not be a nerd AND a geek, pick a side, next thing we know you will say you are also a pacifist and in favor of individual freedoms <_<

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Albion said:

You can not be a nerd AND a geek, pick a side, next thing we know you will say you are also a pacifist and in favor of individual freedoms <_<

I always see nerd as being smart. I was always the girl with a book never very outgoing all my life. The most exciting time in my life was when the USAF let me be a navigator on a KC135, talk about a nerd dream

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

I'm a geek.  

I am also a nerd.

Precisely. 🧡

Edit: Typos because English is not my first language and trying to be eloquent when you mess your verb tenses, well...

I speak English, Hebrew and Arabic but my mind thinks in Hebrew

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

I always see nerd as being smart. I was always the girl with a book never very outgoing all my life. The most exciting time in my life was when the USAF let me be a navigator on a KC135, talk about a nerd dream

Daaaaaamn, rolling those clouds on an stratotanker, that is mean (as in good), the way I see it, Nerds are those who played D&D 3.5 and below and got laughed at for it, Geeks are the ones playing 5th and making popular streams about it :P

Edited by Albion
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Albion said:

Daaaaaamn, rolling those clouds on an stratotanker, that is mean (as in good), the way I see it, Nerds are those who played D&D 3.5 and below and got laughed at for it, Geeks are the ones playing 5th and making popular streams about it 😛

OMGness this made me smile

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Albion said:

Daaaaaamn, rolling those clouds on an stratotanker, that is mean (as in good), the way I see it, Nerds are those who played D&D 3.5 and below and got laughed at for it, Geeks are the ones playing 5th and making popular streams about it 😛

I played 3.5.  And 3, and Advanced. I think I even played a bit of Basic.  I got teased, I guess. Probably.  Didn't notice, was busy having a good time playing D&D.

I have ginger hair and a weird name so if I stopped every time someone made fun of me...

People make fun of other people all the time to cover their own insecurity.

29 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

The most exciting time in my life was when the USAF let me be a navigator on a KC135, talk about a nerd dream

I have absolutely no idea that that is 🙂  (I'll google it)

51 minutes ago, Albion said:

Synonyms where I live.  Though you might be sarcastic there, I'm not sure. As I said, not my first language.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Albion said:

I'm confused. I'm a nerd and a geek, in favor of individual freedoms, but often think violence IS the answer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1