Is there a way to restore my rocket launcher?

Redletter

Im trying to give munitions mastery a try, because CoH never gave me a dedicated rocket launcher class, but as it turns out Munitions on Dual Pistols just breaks all the extra weapons granted by the Epic Power Pool.

I... I kinda want my rocket launcher? Is this a "reroll or suffer" kinda visual bug, or will the launcher load in if given enough time?

Resident certified baby

2 hours ago, Redletter said:

a dedicated rocket launcher class

I want this now, like one of those Council guys who carry around that canon that looks big enough to be a rubbish bin, that'd be neat.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

AR power  set doesn't get it either, iirc, it just fires from your same gun of choice in your costume.  I have it on a blaster I'm leveling right now, but I'd have to double check for sure.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

it's an issue with how weapons are assigned to different slots on your character. Dual Pistols share the same slots with Assault Rifle (right hand) and Bows (left hand).

There's other weapons that do this, like Staff and Titan Weapons sharing a slot, but we never see it because we cant pick both. This is also one of the reasons custom AE mobs cant take more than one weapon powerset.

Last I heard it's being looked into, since the entire costume system is being experimented with right now.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Redletter said:

I... I kinda want my rocket launcher? Is this a "reroll or suffer" kinda visual bug, or will the launcher load in if given enough time?

It's "reroll or suffer" until that entire section of the costume system gets rewritten.

I found that, by going into the costume editor, you can pick your priority.  I think it was whichever item I edited LAST.

You can have either of the following:

1)  Your dual pistols display correctly and your rocket launcher is invisible.

2)  Your rocket launcher displays correctly but one of your pistols is invisible.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

13 hours ago, Redletter said:

a dedicated rocket launcher class

This could be the ranged equivalent of titan weapons - maybe slower animations until a "lock-on" effect kicks in, or something, with different payloads and such, (culminating in a mini-nuke)...

12 hours ago, Ironblade said:

It's "reroll or suffer" until that entire section of the costume system gets rewritten.

I found that, by going into the costume editor, you can pick your priority.  I think it was whichever item I edited LAST.

You can have either of the following:

1)  Your dual pistols display correctly and your rocket launcher is invisible.

2)  Your rocket launcher displays correctly but one of your pistols is invisible.

Ya know? Ive wanted an "only single pistol" class for a while!

tenor(4).gif.b79a5d85806606e84e5093670b8af310.gif

Resident certified baby

15 hours ago, biostem said:

This could be the ranged equivalent of titan weapons - maybe slower animations until a "lock-on" effect kicks in, or something, with different payloads and such, (culminating in a mini-nuke)...

yeah, because what AR has desperately been needing is a way to be less effective

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 2