Suggestion: P2W vendors in leveling hotspots?

I'm talking at the Vanguard base, have one drinking a coffee or tea near Lady Gray, or place em over by the Research department. As many times as we see new players arrive and just forget to buff up their XP boosters, there's been quite a few that got locked out of a mothership raid because they had to refresh it and couldn't get back into the zone in time. Maybe this will help?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

A P2W vendor in RWZ would be nice. Also would love to have one as a placeable NPC in a base.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Thumbs Down 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

34 minutes ago, CrystalDragon said:

Heya Boyband, should drop by for a visit on Everlasting again. We miss your performances!

There's rumors the band may be getting back together. Of course, I started those rumors, so...

• Haha 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

The reason why I disagree with this is that these P2W travel powers aren't supposed to be as good as actual travel powers. The developers have even said that they feel this way as well and it was a big part of their motivation for the recent change to travel powers.

Part of the "not as good as" is the inconvenience of having to go to Atlas Park, or Mercy Island, or whatever the Praetorian zone is called to renew or recharge said temp power.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

55 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

22 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

The reason why I disagree with this is that these P2W travel powers aren't supposed to be as good as actual travel powers. The developers have even said that they feel this way as well and it was a big part of their motivation for the recent change to travel powers.

Part of the "not as good as" is the inconvenience of having to go to Atlas Park, or Mercy Island, or whatever the Praetorian zone is called to renew or recharge said temp power.

Sir, that's not how that meme goes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@CrystalDragon I can see one in the Vanguard but more for the jetpacks and such (to get to the mothership). Forgetting to boost xp.. that's on the player. 

@Oklahoman I cannot support P2W vendors in bases.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Is the vanguard jetpack costume option an actual jetpack anywhere?  Probably slap that in the vanguard merit vendor.

And for those that want jetpacks available sooner in RWZ i say join vanguard if you want vanguard to offer you a jetpack.

And nobody had to refresh their 2x experience.  They chose to leave the zone at the risk of losing their spot.  Experience booster isnt required to raid the ship.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I recall, back to when the Vanguard costume pieces were first made availabhle, the Vanguard jetpack back item was always entirely cosmetic; there was never an active jetpack power offered by the Vanguard, and I don't believe that there's any visible animation from the 'Vanguard Backpack with Jetpack' costume part when flying.