January 2022 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

We’re opening donations a week early this month as the donation window would have been on December 25th otherwise.

So you’re aware - we’ll be suspending non-critical support from December 23rd through December 27th to give our volunteer GM team a much deserved break for the Holiday. During this time, we will be focused on critical and time-sensitive issues and you should expect longer-than-usual response times. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Happy Holidays!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: December 2021

Last month we accepted $4.722.26 in donations, $0.47 over our target for the month. As always, all remaining funds will be put towards our operating expenses for the upcoming month.

Here is the breakdown of what December’s funds went towards:

• $4,057.47 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.30 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $105.00 to renew our Invision Community (forums) license
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

image.png.77a44f0d58ca4ac669ccd83c01d916a1.png

This Month: January 2022

We do not have any changes or updates for this month.

The donation target for January 2022 is $4,242.30. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,057.47 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,242.30 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

• Thanks 3

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic

I am always conflicted when I miss a donation windows.  Sad that I didn't get to contribute to the cause, but also happy because there are so many out there that are still so enthusiastic about this game, that the window closes this quickly.  I will get back on track next month, but for now, thanks to all those that make this game great, and to those that help provide the resources to keep it going!

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

6 hours ago, Abraxus said:

I am always conflicted when I miss a donation windows.  Sad that I didn't get to contribute to the cause, but also happy because there are so many out there that are still so enthusiastic about this game, that the window closes this quickly.  I will get back on track next month, but for now, thanks to all those that make this game great, and to those that help provide the resources to keep it going!

A lot of us feel that way.   The OP post was 5 hours old when I saw it and had no comment.  A sure chance to give.   Wrong, already closed.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 12/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, Abraxus said:

I hear you.

Wow . . .

I guess i'm a little late. I came online to check to see if donations have been opened up yet, but obviously (it's Christmas Day), I'm a little late.

Oh well, I'm not gonna worry about it. Maybe next time.

It really is too bad there is not a better way of donating.

18 hours ago, Kendalls said:

Wow . . .

I guess i'm a little late. I came online to check to see if donations have been opened up yet, but obviously (it's Christmas Day), I'm a little late.

Oh well, I'm not gonna worry about it. Maybe next time.

It really is too bad there is not a better way of donating.

The current method allows them to meet their goals, usually in pretty short order.  So, it works pretty well for them.  Outside of special occasions like the last event, it's always on the last Saturday of the month, and they announce it here in the forum, on Discord, and even in-game.  So, it is not only predictable, but announced pretty loudly by all means available to them.  The only that varies is the actual time on that last Saturday when the window opens.  But, following any of the aforementioned sources will tell you exactly when that happens. 

Hope that helps.  😎

Edited by Abraxus

What was no more, is REBORN!