How good is that Heal? (Defender's Bastion: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal)

Ricktastic79

26 minutes ago, Ricktastic79 said:

Just wondering how good the heal is when it triggers?  Also, best to put on an AOE or single target?

Thanks!

It's the same as a damage proc. You get a 71.75 Heal for the regular proc and 107.1 for a superior proc.

• Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

36 minutes ago, Enots said:

I’ve found it to be super useful. I put it in my longest recharging single target attack that’s part of my regular attack chain. On my cold/ice it’s in BIB and I don’t miss not having a heal in the set.

Thanks, why did you choose that power?  I still don't understand what triggers these, more usueage or less?  AOE?  

Thanks.

Well

14 minutes ago, Ricktastic79 said:

Thanks, why did you choose that power?  I still don't understand what triggers these, more usueage or less?  AOE?  

Thanks.

Well… a lot of reasons really. Procs are somewhat tricky, there’s a lot of calculation and math involved. In general the longer recharge power, higher chance the proc goes off. AOEs operate on a totally different formula, you make get an almost guaranteed proc on a large group, but lower chance if you are not attacking multiple carriers. The guide section has some great guides on procs, or the proc monster threads have a lot of great discussion.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Enots said:

Well

Well… a lot of reasons really. Procs are somewhat tricky, there’s a lot of calculation and math involved. In general the longer recharge power, higher chance the proc goes off. AOEs operate on a totally different formula, you make get an almost guaranteed proc on a large group, but lower chance if you are not attacking multiple carriers. The guide section has some great guides on procs, or the proc monster threads have a lot of great discussion.

Interesting.  So I use Zapp a lot, it would make sense to put it on that one then!

1 hour ago, Ricktastic79 said:

Interesting.  So I use Zapp a lot, it would make sense to put it on that one then!

The more recharge you put into a power through slotting the lower it will proc. GLobal recharge doesn't affect proc rate, however. Thus the answer is 'it depends' on your slotting. I'm ready for bed, so not able to post more but do check out some of the proc threads from last year, they will go ove rhow it works after the Devs tweaked the calculations. 

• Thanks 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Merry Christmas and thank you all for your responses!

This is all a little confusing (that is in reading some of the proc articles) but it would seem that generally speaking putting this on an AOE that does (not have a recharge on it and when attacking 5+ enemies at once) is optimal.

I like to run in groups, so that seems like a good way to go.

It has a very high proc rate of 5 ppm.

As such, it has excellent proc chances even in a moderate recharge single target power. An aoe is fine, but I prefer it in either my snipe or heavy hitter (blaze, lancer, executioner shot, etc). This allows you to benefit from the healing in scenarios where aoes aren't as much in use, like pounding on an AV.

Whatever power it goes in I avoid slotting extra recharge to maximize proc chance. It goes off pretty much every time this way.

The amount of healing in a typical fight is actually quite impressive! It also happens passively, which is even better. It's all the healing any of my defenders ever really need.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

On 12/28/2021 at 9:11 PM, Ricktastic79 said:

I got it, put it on my AOE, and I love it.  It triggers nearly every time if there 5+ baddies. 

Thinking about stacking this one with it.  Thoughts?  

Vigilant Assault: Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE +Absorb

Superior Vigilant Assault has a 10% recharge buff as a 3pc set bonus which is just stupid powerful in min-maxing a great build. For my defenders I generally put the dmg/rchg, acc/dmg/rchg, and rchg/proc into my nuke to max out the recharge value there. Your nuke has a long enough recharge that even with 100% locally enhanced recharge your proc chances will not be affected. Your nuke has an inherent accuracy buff so it does not need any more accuracy enhancement than that and it leaves you room for 3 procs, typically fury of the gladiator and armageddon for pbaoe nukes and less useful for targeted aoe nukes that have less powerful IO options than pbaoes. The other 3 vigilant assault IOs typically go in a t3 blast like cosmic burst where I can get a nice 10% global recharge buff, have the enhanced recharge value of the power itself stay low for proc chances, and then put the remaining 3 slots in as proc damage or achilles heel, etc.

Defenders Bastion is not a set that you want to split up because the recharge and ranged defense set bonuses come in at the 5 and 6 slot set bonus tiers and so you won't really find any builds that put both defender ATO procs into the same power. Defenders don't get the best ATO procs but the set bonuses attached to their ATOs are some of the best in the game.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Currently on fire.

3 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

5 and 6

If I am chasing ranged defense, I'll definitely slot the full six for bastion as you say, typically in a less proc worthy power like a fast cycling aoe. Bastion proc will still have a high chance to fire, and I mitigate the opportunity cost of not slotting other procs.

If ranged defense is less of a priority, I'll definitely part out the proc so it can be used in an ideal power, especially in a primary that otherwise lacks a heal. 

I wouldn't underestimate either of our ato procs, in any case! If you slot them mindfully, one or two of your attacks will passively provide an impressive amount of absorb and healing. They stack up quite well against what other ats get, and affect the whole team.

Edited by Onlyasandwich