illusion Phantom Army Slotting

ILIWAPCT

Accuracy and Damage io's buff the "power" but when you select a phantom and view its combat attributes, accuracy and damage are not buffed. 

Am I missing something? Otherwise, this would suggest that I just slot Recharge io's in the Phantom Army power as anything else would be ineffective. 

47 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I can tell you that the damage does make a difference, I slot recharge first on my illusions then acc then damage, I can tell the difference between having and not having damage slotted.

You're correct.

I just checked my MM and Dom pets, selecting the pet and then selecting combat attributes only shows the external (environment) buffs but not the internal (slot) buffs.

You have to select the power or the slotting screen to actually see the internal buffs.

The only time combat attributes shows both internal and external buffs is when you select yourself.

And of course, Phantom Army doesn't get any external buffs.

slightly beyond the topic, but might be helpful?... look into Soulbound BU proc to buff PA's beyond enh values, utilize -Res powers/procs to further increase their dmg output (P.Ray & Tarantula from Mace pool do double duty, for example). PA's ice attacks do -Res themselves too, which becomes noticeable solo vs EBs/AVs/GMs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

slightly beyond the topic, but might be helpful?... look into Soulbound BU proc to buff PA's beyond enh values, utilize -Res powers/procs to further increase their dmg output (P.Ray & Tarantula from Mace pool do double duty, for example). PA's ice attacks do -Res themselves too, which becomes noticeable solo vs EBs/AVs/GMs.

That's why I was taking a closer look at slotting.

PA doesn't get any external buffs so what you slot is what you get.

Currently I plan to respec and Franken-Slot A/D X4 when I hit level 18. 

I don't Power Level, so at level 32 I'll reassess whether the Pet or PA would get the Resist Proc, Defense Proc and as you mentioned  Soulbound BU.

Call to Arms or Expedient Reinforcement. Both have 6.25% recharge bonuses for 4 pieces. Phantom Army won't benefit from the defense/resist aura uniques, but Phantasm will.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I agree with @Psyonico's slotting advice.... max recharge first, then layer in some Acc with Damage being the rest -- whether through straight up IOs/SOs, sets, or franken-slotting.  You really want PA to be perma or as close to it as possible.  When they're up, the aggro is on them and not on you!  (mostly)  😄  Global recharges help here too, obviously, so be sure to work towards that as well.

1 hour ago, jordanlc93 said:

How does your game look like a comic book lol ? Am I missing something?

In game, go to MENU, then OPTIONS, click the GRAPHICS AND AUDIO tab. Enable EXPERIMENTAL GRAPHICS SETTINGS. Then under CEL SHADER, change OUTLINES to THICK(SLOW). That puts the black outline around characters and objects.

2 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

In game, go to MENU, then OPTIONS, click the GRAPHICS AND AUDIO tab. Enable EXPERIMENTAL GRAPHICS SETTINGS. Then under CEL SHADER, change OUTLINES to THICK(SLOW). That puts the black outline around characters and objects.

You are a gentlemen and a scholar !! Thanks much partner.