Can We Have a Default Zone 1 or 2 Option?

Zeraphia

Hello!

So in my recent adventures playing CoH again, I've been finding that the Rikti War Zone in particular can get rather annoying when you have to go to Zone 1/2 and the fact that MSRs happen pretty consistently on some servers. It makes doing specific task forces (Apex/Tin Mage) a bit tedious to exit missions and have to click between a zone that's obviously full versus another zone that you must zone into. It would be very nice if there was a default option to stay in Zone 2 of the area when an MSR or raid encounter happens so that you aren't constantly clicking between zones. I recognize this is a minor inconvenience but it would be lovely if it could be implemented. 

I believe this is one reason why the instanced version of the MSR was added.  Took me 5 months of advocating the instanced MSR before my server switched to it.  Actually if @Apparition didnt hop server and run 1 on torch,  i dont think they would have started using it.

Your suggestion would be fine if the devs choose to implement it.  But i suspect a fix for a problem that is only on some servers some of the time for some of the people would be a low priority fix.

I dont say that to discourage your suggestion,  but to let u know getting your server to use the instance MSR would probably be the faster solution.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I dont say that to discourage your suggestion,  but to let u know getting your server to use the instance MSR would probably be the faster solution.

However, the instanced (IIRC) doesn't allow all levels to join.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

27 minutes ago, Greycat said:

However, the instanced (IIRC) doesn't allow all levels to join.

That’s one of its bonuses.  Between that, less lag in the instanced, and Brutes and Tankers receiving and earning Vanguard merits while pulling, Vanguard merits count averages higher in the instanced.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Apparition said:

That’s one of its bonuses.

Drawbacks, you mean. I'll take my nice, full, fun, non-instanced MSRs with people playing whoever they want at any level on Everlasting any time.

• Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

41 minutes ago, Marshman said:

I'm asking, not making a statement, but was RWZ intended for all levels to be able to enter mission wise? 

Changed on live, so...

Back to OPs original concern...

Part of that, I think, is a fault of Apex itself in that it zones in and out so much. Not sure if maybe there is a way to make Apex instanced, but that could be a solution.

The cap inside RWZ is 50, and at one point we talked about whether that was a good number. A full MSR will take up 48 of those spots. If you increase that number too much you have the potential for MSRs with a full league plus a full team, or more. But that could also allow for a full MSR plus a full Apex. I just don't know if we can come to a consensus on a number.

I also wondered - assuming the touch point for the chopper could be moved inside the base - if a fundamental restructuring of the zone would fix this. Instead of going to "Rikti War Zone" you instead go first to "Rikti War Zone Base" - a new zone with no cap that basically encompasses everything in the current RWZ up to the green portal. Once you touch the green portal, that's when it asks if you want to go to RWZ1 or RWZ2. I'm not sure how an idea like that would affect LGTF or other stuff running in the zone, though. Thought up while shaving.

OP suggested a mechanism, I think, too where if you started an Apex in RWZ2 (or greater, I guess) then that becomes your default selection for the duration of Apex. So you can just absent mindedly click a button when prompted as you play and still end up in the same zone with others in your league. I guess that works until someone starts and fills an MSR somewhere between when you start and finish an Apex in RWZ1. Maybe the act of starting an Apex automatically spawns RWZ2 if it doesn't exist already?

The other solution is to never, ever - under any circumstances - run Apex. Pretty much the solution I've been running with myself so far.

• Like 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

On 1/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Greycat said:

Drawbacks, you mean. I'll take my nice, full, fun, non-instanced MSRs with people playing whoever they want at any level on Everlasting any time.

I'm not the big MSR fan.  But when I run one, I go with Everlasting's MSR!  🙂

Really doesn't bother me about the RWZ and RWZ2.  I would like an easier way of seeing if the RWZ2 has popped, because I can be annoyed by calls to move when I'm forming a ApeMage TF and there was no RWZ2 to start or even popped yet.

• Like 1