Triple Fire Scrapper

thebondfamily

Hello friends,

I've recently created Neofire, a 3x Fire scrapper toon and I am just about to unlock incarnates.

I main blasters mostly, and across all toons have over 20 level 50s, many completely slotted.

I have never built an end game scrapper outside of my claws/Sr and would love to see what people can come up with for this tripple Fire build.

Influence is not a problem, and I would enjoy the build being as maxed as possible for the purpose of single target DPS in TF/Solo/GM/AV game play.

Let me see what you have! Thanks all, I look forward to your ideas!

Edited by thebondfamily

Fire melee is not great so few take it, and fire armor is generally not taken on a Scrapper due to lack of agro aura and Burn making enemies run. So this is a pretty rare combo.

Now if you said rad/fire Brute with rad colored fire-y...

Anyway, this is not helping you. Try posting your build and consider a Brute switch.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Fire melee is not great so few take it, and fire armor is generally not taken on a Scrapper due to lack of agro aura and Burn making enemies run. So this is a pretty rare combo.

Now if you said rad/fire Brute with rad colored fire-y...

Anyway, this is not helping you. Try posting your build and consider a Brute switch.

In addition to the helpful info above, Fiery Aura is a Resistance set and is therefore limited by the lower resistance caps of Scrappers.

Thanks for the info but I already know all of this. I don't care much for taking sets just because they are "more powerul", and like I said, I have well over 20 level 50s and already have most of the generic "good stuff" builds. I'm well aware of the combos potential and also its flaws, however this is the toon, and that's not changing. It's not like I'm limited to a certain amount of characters and therefore can only make a few that everyone else also makes, I enjoy a massive variety of toons and for this guy, well, this is him.

Edited by thebondfamily

It never ceases to amaze me that as people post their long lists of accomplishments and level 50 characters, they directly follow it with another day, another "build it for me" post.

I wonder if there is a level of cause and effect between people complaining about others not knowing how to play their characters and people coming here and asking others to build it for them.  There's another string on these boards asking for a "beast" build.  Truth is, any Scrapper can be a beast, and anything you build can be effective, fun, and awesome, if you know the ins and outs of it, what it can do, what it can't, and how to push it to your limits.  I roll an old school MA/SR that I put into ridiculous situations every day.  It has no taunt aura.  It doesn't do Big Orange Numbers.  But I'll take it into any situation any single day and twice on Sundays because I know what it can do and what it can't.  If BillZ handed me his Scrapper build, I wouldn't know dick about how to use it because I didn't test it, I didn't put it through its paces, and all I did was trust that he knew what he was doing based on his (amazing and earned) reputation.  But to get to that place, you gotta do the work to try to see what works and what doesn't. on your own, and then maybe ask for some feedback and tweaking after you do the work.

Sorry guys, I'm usually a lot more positive than this.  Sorry to OP and anyone else I ruffle with this.  I must be having an off day.

Edited by Aracknight
Brevity
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aracknight said:

It never ceases to amaze me that as people post their long lists of accomplishments and level 50 characters, they directly follow it with another day, another "build it for me" post.

I wonder if there is a level of cause and effect between people complaining about others not knowing how to play their characters and people coming here and asking others to build it for them.  There's another string on these boards asking for a "beast" build.  Truth is, any Scrapper can be a beast, and anything you build can be effective, fun, and awesome, if you know the ins and outs of it, what it can do, what it can't, and how to push it to your limits.  I roll an old school MA/SR that I put into ridiculous situations every day.  It has no taunt aura.  It doesn't do Big Orange Numbers.  But I'll take it into any situation any single day and twice on Sundays because I know what it can do and what it can't.  If BillZ handed me his Scrapper build, I wouldn't know dick about how to use it because I didn't test it, I didn't put it through its paces, and all I did was trust that he knew what he was doing based on his (amazing and earned) reputation.  But to get to that place, you gotta do the work to try to see what works and what doesn't. on your own, and then maybe ask for some feedback and tweaking after you do the work.

Sorry guys, I'm usually a lot more positive than this.  Sorry to OP and anyone else I ruffle with this.  I must be having an off day.

I'll post a build that I think is good and ask for suggestions.  And hell, in Pylon Thread there's recent talk of a build not many may have thought of.

However, I'll have to disagree on some thing.  /SR so you know you don't have any defense clicks.  Some builds may be tricky, but not all.  😛

4 hours ago, Aracknight said:

Not at all. I'm still helping people but I do feel it slowly coming as well. You're not incorrect that someone with 20 levels 50 should be at a point they no longer need to request builds. I'll wait until a build is posted and then post some tweaks to it.

• Like 1

I build and have built alot of my own builds and have toons that have soloed ITFs with custom builds. Forums are for the sharing of information. Just because I ask for a build doesn't mean I'm going to specifically follow that advice blind. I'm just looking for ideas and have stated previously that out of most of my toons I don't play scrappers (also referring I built built claws/Sr myself.) I'm not sure why people assume because someone asks for advice or help they don't have the capacity to serve themselves....

6 hours ago, Aracknight said:

I'll quote my apology from my original post and reiterate that I'm sorry.   I had a quick draw reaction on an off day.  I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy your Scrapper.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, thebondfamily said:

I build and have built alot of my own builds and have toons that have soloed ITFs with custom builds. Forums are for the sharing of information. Just because I ask for a build doesn't mean I'm going to specifically follow that advice blind. I'm just looking for ideas and have stated previously that out of most of my toons I don't play scrappers (also referring I built built claws/Sr myself.) I'm not sure why people assume because someone asks for advice or help they don't have the capacity to serve themselves....

Best to post the build you have in mind. I myself have 45+ 50s, but even then sometimes I find myself stumped. In that instance, either:

A.) Post the build and ask for tweaks.

B.) Wing it.

C.) Look for a mids builds similar to my own and tweak it as well.

End results so far seem pretty alright. Also some builds I find, even at max efficiency just aren't fun, not min max good metas, I'm talking off the beaten path builds.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

4 hours ago, Seed22 said:

End results so far seem pretty alright. Also some builds I find, even at max efficiency just aren't fun, not min max good metas, I'm talking off the beaten path builds.

I agree with this alot. I eventually nailed an Ill/Time custom build on my troller, but had rolled it a few different ways first and post-50 just kept feeling like I wasn't doing what I wanted to do with it. After settling on Ill/Time and getting into IOs it all just kind of fell together and Myth Master is one of my favorite toons now.