Does anyone still have the comics?

Shadow Raven

One of my SG mates won the online submission costume contest to appear in one of the comics.

Just an appearance in a panel or 2, no dialog or action sequence. But still, thee winner of numerous entries.

"Tiger Tank," costume designed by (I forget). IIRC the male characters in the comic accidently stumble into a female dressing room. Just a cute little casual outfit, (plaid mini skirt?)

Still have all of mine but they're all mixed in with the other 500 comics.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

3 hours ago, Nemeroff said:

One of my SG mates won the online submission costume contest to appear in one of the comics.

Just an appearance in a panel or 2, no dialog or action sequence. But still, thee winner of numerous entries.

"Tiger Tank," costume designed by (I forget). IIRC the male characters in the comic accidently stumble into a female dressing room. Just a cute little casual outfit, (plaid mini skirt?)

Still have all of mine but they're all mixed in with the other 500 comics.

As others have said, the writing in the books was...well, it was words, but the bits celebrating the community where fun as heck.

What do you collect? I'm about to get into mine and see if I can find the CoH comics.

I'm selling all my X-Men books and trying to get them together.

What's your keeper book out of the 500?

16 hours ago, A Cat said:

Plus, the BK crew feels more like one of us. Can't believe Apex was doing all that as a level 15 though. 

Hey, back in those days we were all trying to fight things way over level from forgotten ambushes, it's legit 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Shadow Raven said:

What do you collect? I'm about to get into mine and see if I can find the CoH comics.

I'm selling all my X-Men books and trying to get them together.

What's your keeper book out of the 500?

"500" a bit of an exaggeration; just seems like 500.

The bulk of it all is probably Uncanny X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil, and Punisher. IDK if I can sell mine due to condition & sentimental stuff.

I started reading old Moon Knight issues, found issue#1. Liked but it was cancelled. Then they released Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu, not as good but still. Then cancelled. Then restarted MK again, it was good but then I quit comics all together.

• Like 1

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

1 hour ago, Nemeroff said:

"500" a bit of an exaggeration; just seems like 500.

The bulk of it all is probably Uncanny X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil, and Punisher. IDK if I can sell mine due to condition & sentimental stuff.

I started reading old Moon Knight issues, found issue#1. Liked but it was cancelled. Then they released Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu, not as good but still. Then cancelled. Then restarted MK again, it was good but then I quit comics all together.

Ha ha ha...I get it.

I say I have 2000 and that's probably an understatement. The old 1980 MK series was fun. Great art.

If that's in any decent shape at all, those books are selling for a lot with the show coming out.

I've drifted in and out over the years, but I still pick up random independents and others that interest me.

It's a fun hobby and those raggedy old pages instantly transport me back to being a kid again.

Good times! Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Yes, Somewhere....

......but I would have to dig through all the late 70's and early 80's X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, What If?, Silver Surfer, Thor, Iron Man, Defenders, X-Factor, Wolverine, Alpha Flight, Machine Man, etc just to figure out where I put them. Should Probably just pitch all 8 boxes, lol.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 1/18/2022 at 8:14 PM, Redletter said:

Ya know, those covers look like they were done by different artsits. Things to note:

• Synapse has small feet
  • Sister Psyche's cleavage exposure seems to fluctuate between her appearances
  • Manticore's got some GREAT lateral on his legs, which in themselves are rather feminine
  • Statesmen's got kinda a Dad Bod goin' on
  • Lord Recluse has golden accents on his helmet that dont show up elsewhere. Does he have FORMAL event HELMETS?! My word...

You do need proper headwear for Ceremonial Tyranny when you are a villain.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Shadow Raven said:

Remember the comics that were sent each month with the sub?

Not being american we werent offered the comics. I do have them all as PDFs, though 🙂

• Like 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:35 AM, bodenee said:

which reminds me...  the blue king series followed Apex,  War Witch and Horace...  Apex and War Witch are still in game... what happened to Horace?

blue king  city of heroes  1  (2).jpg

More importantly, what happened to Horus' COSMETICS?! I wanna rock and walk like an egyptian co-

Chicken

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

On 1/22/2022 at 5:35 PM, bodenee said:

which reminds me...  the blue king series followed Apex,  War Witch and Horace...  Apex and War Witch are still in game... what happened to Horace?

blue king  city of heroes  1  (2).jpg

The disappearance of Horus is covered in the final issues of that series.

I second the call for ancient Egyptian inspired costume parts.