Concept Toon: Opiate o'DeMasses - Psy/Poison Corruptor

Zepp

Alright, in-game chat was getting frisky and it was appropriate to mention the term "Opiate of the Masses" which got me thinking about putting together a Mind/Poison Troller. After looking at the combination in Troller, Corruptor, and Defender I decided to go with Corruptor (it also kinda fits the theme).

Anyway, I scoured the forums and found a little bit of help, but nothing specifically to Psy/Poison, so I built it.

I have very little confidence in this build, and am fine with people tearing into it. Any thoughts on the concept, the build, or other concept builds that you think are interesting are welcomed!

Opiate o'DeMasses - Corruptor (Psychic Blast).mxd

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• Zepp changed the title to Concept Toon: Opiate o'DeMasses - Psy/Poison Corruptor
3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Not gonna say no, but missed opportunity by not going Plant because Seeds of Confusion is defs some opiate of the masses there 😜

Seeds of Confusion does work with the concept, but I thought poisoning the mind fit the idea better. Hmmm... thinking about switching from Oppressive Gloom to World of Confusion... Does anyone know how well the Contagious Confusion proc works there? Although, losing Soul Drain will kinda hurt.

Edited by Zepp

On 1/25/2022 at 8:44 AM, Zepp said:

Seeds of Confusion does work with the concept, but I thought poisoning the mind fit the idea better. Hmmm... thinking about switching from Oppressive Gloom to World of Confusion... Does anyone know how well the Contagious Confusion proc works there? Although, losing Soul Drain will kinda hurt.

FWIR, the aura on it is tiny, like 8 feet. The confusion is only a chance to go off with short duration, and coupled with proc chance in a pbaoe with small area, it's really not worth it.

Edit: it's mag 2 confuse as well

Edited by subbacultchas

• 2 weeks later
On 1/25/2022 at 3:57 AM, Zepp said:

Alright, in-game chat was getting frisky and it was appropriate to mention the term "Opiate of the Masses" which got me thinking about putting together a Mind/Poison Troller. After looking at the combination in Troller, Corruptor, and Defender I decided to go with Corruptor (it also kinda fits the theme).

Anyway, I scoured the forums and found a little bit of help, but nothing specifically to Psy/Poison, so I built it.

I have very little confidence in this build, and am fine with people tearing into it. Any thoughts on the concept, the build, or other concept builds that you think are interesting are welcomed!

Opiate o'DeMasses - Corruptor (Psychic Blast).mxd

What do you want from it? 
Do you want to be tanky? Focus on damage? Do you want to play like a blaster? Or just general build solidity? 

16 hours ago, kiramon said:

What do you want from it? 
Do you want to be tanky? Focus on damage? Do you want to play like a blaster? Or just general build solidity? 

Haven't decided yet. Just working off the concept of corrupting the minds of others...

I was trying to build it sustainable enough to solo, yet able to contribute on a team. I don't expect to take out GMs with this, but it would be nice to be competent against AVs.

I haven't played corruptors much on HC or Live, so I am not sure what numbers I should be aiming for.