Shuriken Blast

Outrider_01

Alright, it needs a better name.

Anyway, playing with a /martial arts dominator.  The animations are pretty, this needs a pure blast set for ranged types.

Shuriken throw - Swap animation with trick shot, Trick is tossing one single star and seems more appreciate.

Trick Shot - First, needs a better name but can keep the chain aspect with up to +16 targets, maybe less.  Swap to Shuriken throw, which throws 2 stars underhanded out from the body.  Pose reminds me a little of a cowboy draw with 2 pistols.

Masterful throw- double toss two stars after a power up.  Needs animaton fixed, the stars come together but spin on the wrong axis.

Explosive Shuriken- grab a massive star from your back, spin, and toss it.

Envenomed blades - Instead of build up, a +DoT attack is added to the weapons.  Maybe borrow aspects from Dual Pistols like damage types.

Half the powers are missing, no different animations.  I don't know what else to think of

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Already suggested multiple times

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

37 minutes ago, arcane said:

The idea of a Shuriken nuke sounds a bit silly. I’d recommend y’all just play Martial Doms and make all ranged builds...

My no-kicks Earth/Martial/Fire sates my need for shurikens.

The concept of "tier 9 nuke" is mostly a player term and doesn't actually reflect a literal nuke in effect or range. It's mostly just "flashier AoE".

That said, technically there is no set rule that the tier 9 has to be the biggest, flashiest of attacks. The tier 9 could be single target and a set's mechanics could make up for that in some way. The only thing that would limit mixing around these conventions is player expectations.

As for a range-only Dom, I have one (dark/martial) and it's fun but it's no blaster.

Shurikens are overrated anyway, I mean, they're not really meant to be a fully lethal weapon like a sword; they could kill, but it's not something you'd depend on IRL.  Having them be part of a set instead of their own set feels more reasonable; and yes, I do know "this is just a comic book game, not real life."  Explosive Shuriken is already getting pretty silly as it is.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

A generic thrown weapon set, which can somehow be customized, (even if it's just what is shown in your hand during the animation, with the projectiles being some generic particle effect), would be a better approach to take, IMO.  You could then go the dual pistols route and offer players a regular, incendiary (maybe explosive instead) and poison/toxic variants.  I'd probably replace the cryo option with a magical one that dealt energy damage and had some other side effect.