Does Enhancement Diversification (ED) limit global buffs?

cohRock

We pretty much all know that Enhancement Diversification (ED) begins limiting the effectiveness of enhancements beyond two of the same type in a single slot.  For the most part, this means putting more than three damage enhancements, say, in a single power is a waste.  One case of global enhancements is via the Incarnate Alpha Slot.  Since this is effectively like sticking a level 50 SO in every power the alpha buffs, I'm pretty sure that its effectiveness is also limited by ED.

More general global boosts exist, such as toHit from Tactics and damage from Assault.  Enhancement Set bonuses offer many global boosts as well.  My guess is that these buffs are not limited by ED.  Is this correct?

A related case concerns prestige attacks such as Sands of Mu.  If your character has global accuracy, toHit, recharge, and/or damage, I believe the effectiveness of Sands is boosted, right?

-- Rock

ED applies to enhancements only, not set bonuses, not globals, not procs, not power buffs (such as the mentioned Tactics).

8 minutes ago, cohRock said:

A related case concerns prestige attacks such as Sands of Mu.  If your character has global accuracy, toHit, recharge, and/or damage, I believe the effectiveness of Sands is boosted, right?

Accuracy/ToHit and Recharge Reduction, yes.  Damage, no.  Damage is locked on Sands/Ghost Slaying Axe/Nemesis Staff/Blackwand.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Short answer: No.

If you read the text of Alpha Musculature it says something like "Adds 45% damage to all attacks 2/3s of which is not affected by Enhancement Diversification."

Having the entire team running Tactics will apply 8 stacks of ToHit to you that are NOT affected by ED.

According to the Wiki, Prestige powers are affected by Recharge and ToHit buffs and nothing else.

• Like 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

13 hours ago, cohRock said:

Enhancement Set bonuses offer many global boosts as well. 

Well they have their own rule/limit which have to be considered too.

No more then 5 Boost of the same Number/Type allowed.

As example 5 x 5% Recharge bonus, the 6th wouldnt count anymore.. a 7,5% would though cause it wouldnt be the exact same.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

6 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

No more then 5 Boost of the same Number/Type allowed.

As example 5 x 5% Recharge bonus, the 6th wouldnt count anymore.. a 7,5% would though cause it wouldnt be the exact same.

It's not number, it's name.  Probably only a relevant difference in that a LotG +7.5% recharge bonus had a different name from the normal +7.5% recharge bonus, so you can theoretically get a total of 75% global recharge from 5 LotG procs and five normal set bonuses.  (In practice, the normal +7.5% recharge set bonus is rare enough that nobody gets five of them, but 5 LotGs and 1-2 normal 7.5% bonuses is not uncommon).