Nemesis Plot Badge

Ukase

Maybe someone knows...I do not. 
This morning, the Nemesis Event was triggered in Steel Canyon. We started slow, with just a team for the first few minutes, but eventually got more than 3 full teams, after maybe 5 minutes. 

After about 20 minutes of spawning Nemesis...the event ended and nobody got the Nemesis Plot badge. That seems kind of strange to me. I have been trying to think as to why this didn't happen, and my only conclusion is he spawned, but a drone took him out, despite our being far away from Positron and any other npcs. They spawn where the player characters are, so if someone was training, he could have spawned there, as well as where the league was, right? 

Is there some other mechanic I'm missing, why we didn't get badge credit? 

Beats me.  The Wiki says:

"This badge will still award, whether or not you helped harm Nemesis, and even if he is defeated by, e.g., a Police Drone"

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 2/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, Ukase said:

Maybe someone knows...I do not. 
This morning, the Nemesis Event was triggered in Steel Canyon. We started slow, with just a team for the first few minutes, but eventually got more than 3 full teams, after maybe 5 minutes. 

After about 20 minutes of spawning Nemesis...the event ended and nobody got the Nemesis Plot badge. That seems kind of strange to me. I have been trying to think as to why this didn't happen, and my only conclusion is he spawned, but a drone took him out, despite our being far away from Positron and any other npcs. They spawn where the player characters are, so if someone was training, he could have spawned there, as well as where the league was, right? 

Is there some other mechanic I'm missing, why we didn't get badge credit? 

Perhaps there was a smaller league of at least 10 people elsewhere in the zone and he spawned near them - and since he spawns as a GM and does TONS of damage, perhaps that smaller league was overwhelmed by him and stacked vengeance  and they could not defeat him in the remaining time.  ....only thing I can think of as to why that happened.  

• 2 weeks later

Did the arc to spawn the event. It spawned in Steel Canyon and we were able to get enough people to spawn the GM, except he didn't show. Noticed a waypoint on the map for "Lord Nemesis", except it was way off the map.

screenshot_220217-17-23-49.jpg

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.