Robotic Arm 4

xl8

6 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I want multiple arms! Goro or Stryker style!

Asked for several times during Live, and the response was always that it was back-burnered because of the animation and costume changes it would require, and they didn't have the art resources to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Asked for several times during Live, and the response was always that it was back-burnered because of the animation and costume changes it would require, and they didn't have the art resources to do it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...blah, blah, blah, *excuses*, blah, blah...

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...blah, blah, blah, *excuses*, blah, blah...

Positron was good at coming up with different "we don't have the resources" excuses for why something couldn't be done. Sometimes it was because it was being done, and he just wanted to deflect people dogging them about when it would be released, but most often it was just fobbing things off onto the 'maybe someday' pile so people would stop asking.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Positron was good at coming up with different "we don't have the resources" excuses for why something couldn't be done. Sometimes it was because it was being done, and he just wanted to deflect people dogging them about when it would be released, but most often it was just fobbing things off onto the 'maybe someday' pile so people would stop asking.

This may be why you have to rescue him in the Maria Jenkins arc...

But yes, mo costume options mo betta.

Edited by th0ughtGun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

19 hours ago, srmalloy said:

most often it was just fobbing things off onto the 'maybe someday' pile so people would stop asking.

And it took a certain minimum of player commentary to get things up on their radar in the first place. I remember at one of the meet-and-greet events at SDCC, when I asked Positron again about the problem with the Paragon City harbor buoys, and he said that they might have to take a look at it now that he'd gotten two comments about it... and I had to admit that I was the 'other one', bringing it up at the first NCsoft event at SDCC. Still, I suppose it's some sort of achievement to be the only person to bring up a significant visual problem with the game, even if it doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, srmalloy said:

That's sad. I was about to create a thread about left robo-arm!

Too many characters to count...

5 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Robot arm options with a jacket would be pretty cool. Probably a lot of work though.

You can do this with some of the robot arms, just have a sleeve covering up the top half of the robot arm.

However, you're limited to certain robot arm styles for the bottom half.

As for the OP suggestion, I actually wondered this when making my namesake.  Now, I like her cybernetic arm on the side it is.  However, seeing some people's characters, I was wondering if it was done to stop them from completing those Cable and Winter Soldier looks, by forcing the arm on the wrong side.