In The Papers! (Everlasting)

AgentEmu

Have the journalists of Paragon Times and the Rogue Isle Protector picked up on your heroic deeds or villainous exploits? Any blueside/redside plot or event you ran can be mentioned here! Something big happen to your character that the city would read about? In this thread, feel free to share to the world in a news article theme!

Example:

SUPERADINE REHABILITATION CENTER ASSAULTED BY SKULLS, RESCUED BY ALL-STAR

Late last night in Kings Row, the Skulls gang threw homemade bombs into the Superadine Treatment Clinic, setting it ablaze. Paragon City firefighters and police rushed to the scene, "But [the Police] were outnumbered," PPD SWAT Officer Marcus Roos explained, "The Skulls had too many contraband weapons and literal dark magic on them." The scene, Officer Roos described, was a street covered in shadow, and he could not even see the flash of gunfire. "We were about to call MAGI until a great ray of light cut through the dark." In that moment, officials say that the superhero, All-Star, came down from the sky and battled the gang. It was over in ten minutes and the police swooped in to arrest the Skull arsonists.

The Firefighters were able to put out the fires. The fires were mainly concentrated in empty offices. Doctor Jack Frohling of the Superadine Treatment Clinic gave his thanks to the Paragon Police Department, Fire Department, and the heroes of Paragon City. "The Skulls sees this rehab center as a threat to their business of putting superadine on the streets. If that's the case, then I say we, the people of this city, need to press on and keep people educated about and treated from the harmful effects of this drug."

All-Star was unavailable for comment with the Paragon Times, though she had tweeted last night at 2:32 AM delivering a short rant, "Who attacks a rehab center? That's just low! Stay safe tonight. If you or someone you know is addicted to Superadine, please reach out to places like these. It really makes a difference."

Zero people were injured last night. Court dates for the criminals are yet to be determined.

• Like 1

FERRETING OUT THIEF OF MULTIPLE MAGICAL ARTIFACT HEISTS

Last week across Paragon City there were reports of artifacts with magical properties being stolen. PPD were on the case along with Longbow Agents once it was confirmed a professional or meta - powered person was the cause. Long time standing Longbow Captain Xero Mercury explained, "We have a suspect that eluded capture. [We] had an undercover covert team that was unsuccessful in subduing before her escape." The set up, Captain Mercury described, was a trap to lure out their suspect hoping to stun them while off guard. While his did not pan out, there was a small victory. Captain Xero Mercury's hypothesis was correct and the video captured shows Paragon's own former "Foxy Ferret" who was previously with "The Challengers" was the culprit.

There was no word from any of her former colleagues, as most are either retired or have disappeared making it hard to track them down. PPD Officer Sterlin made a statement pleading to the hero community, "This rogue, once hero, now going as "Ferret" is a threat to our public. We implore you to bring her in for questioning to us as we believe she is working with known villains. For our civilians, if you spot this criminal do not hesitate to call Longbow or the PPD for help."

While it is unclear why "Foxy Ferret" turned in her hero badge long ago and disappeared, it is clear that she has returned with a new alias to start a new life of crime.

ME7dzqG.png

BRAVE BEGINNINGS!

A new supergroup named The Vanquisher's was instrumental in taking down a secret Council facility deep in Boomtown on Thursday. While most of the heroes are relatively unknown, it's clear that won't be the case for long. Starting late in the evening they began an assault on the base, making short work of a small army of War Walkers. The base in question was the home of secret weapons research, including weapons of mass destruction. Investigators believe the council was planning on deploying these weapons on the city upon their completion.

In response to this The Council deployed a prototype mech with devastating capabilities. The Vanquishers led the charge against this titan, managing to take it down before it could cause any significant damage. Amazingly while other heroes would have called this a successful night The Vanquishers kept going.

Hearing reports of the Clockwork monstrosity Babbage, these heroes raced across the City to take it down with impunity. The citizens of Paragon can certainly sleep well tonight knowing these heroes are around.

s75E9tY.png

LUCKY LIMBO SAVES LIVES!

A corporate building in Steel Canyon was under siege early this morning by a group of Tsoo members when freshman superhero Limbo (member of the new team ‘The Vanquishers’) appeared out of nowhere to save the day. Multiple eye-witness reports claim that he seemed to fall straight out of the sky right outside the building entrance at the exact moment the Tsoo began their assault.

“He came from heaven to save us!” exclaimed one woman who was saved by Limbo in today’s incident.

Security footage from the shop across the street shows Limbo falling towards the pavement, only to be pushed safely onto his feet at the last second by a gust of wind cast by a Tsoo sorcerer. Was this planned, or was it sheer luck? Either way, the people of Paragon City are learning firsthand that Limbo is a hero they can trust.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Forecaster Foiled!

30 JUN 2019

Disaster relief efforts are underway in the wake of the events that took place during the evening hours of Saturday, June 29th, when four category 5 hurricanes mysteriously appeared in various locations across the coastal United States.

The culprit, a supervillain calling himself The Forecaster, otherwise known as Max Chesterfield was apprehended a few hours into the event by members of Battle Ready Organization, who were seen spearheading efforts to demolish Chesterfield's Hurricane Generators before taking him down. Members of Battle Ready Organization were also sighted aiding in evacuation efforts.

Several of Chesterfield's criminal underlings were also apprehended, including Black Ice and The Sportscaster, a former coworker of Chesterfield's during their time at Paragon's Channel 7 News.

Relief efforts are still ongoing.

• 2 weeks later

RETURN OF A BEAST?

By Pritchard Hale

July, 12, 2019

A disturbing internet video has recently gone viral apparently depicting an attack by the Mutant supervillain known as Barghast.

Barghast, real name Elizabeth Gunnisson, first emerged nine years ago. The manifestation of her powers at Faircloth High School in the South End of Paragon City led to multiple deaths, including multiple students, an instructor at the school, and a local police officer.

(See Metro, P.7 'A Community Remembers')

After fleeing the scene, Gunnisson evaded capture for two months, starting an escalating spree of violence that claimed twenty-three lives.  Cornered in a Skyway City shopping mall, she was finally  brought down through the valiant efforts of the Paragon City Police and local heroes. Despite being a minor, she was remanded to indefinite detention in a secure wing of Ziggursky Penitentiary.

She is believed to have escaped from custody during the Praetorian Wars and to have fled to the Etoille Islands. The video, if confirmed, would be the first indication that she is once again active on the streets of Paragon City. Police are urging citizens who have any information about her whereabouts to contact them immediately, and warn that Gunnison is to be considered extremely dangerous.

(See Commentary, Pg. 3 "It Is Time for Mutant Registrations to Be Made Public")

[OOC: Consequences of an SG plotline blowing up!  If you want to get involved for whatever reasons, contact me here, at @Barghast in-game, or at Sidhe Vicious#6580 on the Everlasting and City of Roleplay [HC] Discord servers.]

LOCAL GRAVEYARDS LOOTED AND STRANGE VILLAN SEEN NEARBY.  ARE THEY CONNECTED?

14 July

Graves in graveyards located in kingsrow and other areas over the weekend have been found to have been opend and coffins smashed open with bodies missing.  Locals also reported to local Police that a mysterious woman in white was also seen with what looked like mist surrounding her was seen near the scene of each attack.  Locals also reported what sounded like a rise in strange sounds at night mainly from the local sewage system.  If you have any information regarding this matter you are urged to contact your nearest percent right away

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

Paragon Times

Anti-Magic Hate Crime Pinned on Villainous Demagogue!

July 15th 2019

A woman was assaulted last night after leaving Pandora's Box in Steel Canyon in an apparent targeted attack. Three individuals, two male & one female, approached Jane Callaway as she left the store on her way home. They confronted the woman and demanded the items she had just purchased from the store. When Jane Callaway refused, the thugs attacked her with a pipe and baseball bat. Two passers-by attempted to intervene, but the thugs fled when a passing hero swooped down to confront them.

In her report to the police, Jane claimed that the attackers had singled her out due to her interest in magic. She did not confirm whether she herself possessed any magical abilities, but this incident is not the first, and surely not the last to take place in Paragon City, as Jane recounts this being the second such confrontation she has had with different individuals but for similar reasons.

As of writing the criminals are still at large, however much of the blame has been shifted onto known anti-magic agitator Maria Alvarez, or as she is known in the meta-community, Anti-Mage. An affiliate of the villain group 'The Sinister Squad', Alvarez came to light when her web-cast, 'the Open Book', made its debut on the internet, gaining millions of views in the first week. In it, Alvarez names Pandora's Box as a "propagator of corruption" and encourages her viewers to "scrutinise the business heavily and dissuade people from entering, through force if necessary." Despite being immediately banned from most popular social networks, her video titled "Magic: The Cancer we Embrace" has circled the internet already, and re-uploads are still drawing in hundreds of thousands of views in the brief periods they are online. Comments on these videos are often vitriolic and hateful, however, investigation from the Paragon Times has found many legitimate concerns amongst them.

'Anne', whose name we have kept anonymous, states that "my boy [in high school] shares a class with a 'Succubus'. when i looked it up online i was shocked! they're letting these things in our schools now???".

'Tony' claims that "me and the boys from the mill were made redundant when the mill-owner hired a wizard to summon a fire elemental to keep the forges stoked. good honest workers put out of work! and who cares??? NO ONE!!!!".

'Vera' says that "a so-called "hero" raised my loving husband of 70 years as a zombie!!!! they said it was for the greater good!!! was i asked?? NO! i went to the FBSA who gave me the usual s**t about oh we're looking into it... .. RUBBISH!!! .. my [name omitted] is out there against his will and nobody is listening to me!! MAGI is a corrupt organisation!!! TEAR IT DOWN!!!!"

Whatever the case may be, the conversation about magic and society continues with no sign of slowing down.

Have you or a loved one been the victim of a magical crime? Or maybe you have a story to tell about the good magic has done for you? Please let us know what you think.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

Kallisti, this was hysterical...I read the companion story in the Kallisti Apartments...nice, made me laugh

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

AV: Amanda Vines, WSPDR News, bringing you a Special Report from Port Oakes. Can you introduce yourself, ma'am?
EM: My name's Elaine Masters...
AV: Can you tell our viewers what you saw?
EM: Uh, sure....I was on my way to the plaza, we meet up there on Tuesdays to talk about cleaning up the chemicals abandoned around the labs, only when I got there, someone was already there with a barrel. I thought it was odd because I was early, some of us were going to visit Vincent in the hospital afterwards.
AV: And Vincent was one of your group?
EM: Yes, he had just joined recently, and had made some real progress in ways to prevent runoff contamination when he was involved in an accident near the lab.
AV: An accident. *AV stares meaningfully at the camera* Please, continue.
EM: Well, like I said, someone was there, so I called out a hello, but they didn't respond and as I got closer I could see why. The man was gagged! He was chained to one of the barrels of waste, it was dripping on his head and there was a horrible smell.
AV: And what did you think?
EM: I was scared! But standing there, I thought I should save him, but....there were papers stapled to his shirt and an ID badge around his neck, with a card. I had to read them, the card just said 'a present', but the ID, I knew him, not personally, but Eric Haysworth was the guy who stopped all our cleanup attempts, got us arrested from trespassing.
AV: And the papers?
EM: Well, I couldn't not see them, they were right there, after all. It was an email conversation, between Eric and someone called Rake, and....well it talked about how to make us stop our work, permanently, starting with Vincent. Whoever did this...well I'm glad their looking out for us.
AV: WSPDR attempted to get footage of the papers, but Arachnos was on scene mere moments after this reporter, and we couldn't get a clear shot. What we did get was this.  Who is responsible for this act, and what are their goals? As always, we'll be following this story and bring you information as we discover it. 

END TRANSCRIPT

BLBarrel.png

Paragon Times

Popular online event prompts official response!

July 24th 2019

Officials from the MAGI division of the Federal Bureau of Superpowered Affairs were forced to comment today as an online phenomena swept social media early yesterday morning. This event, hosted on various platforms, is titled “Storm Oranbega, the Circle of Thorns can’t stop all of us.” And at the time of writing has 400,000 attending signatures.

The fabled city of Oranbega is rumoured to lie beneath Paragon City, though such has never been outwardly confirmed by official sources. Nevertheless, the movement has spurred numerous off-shoots and of course, internet memes.

Concerned for the supposed 400,000 and growing attendees, MAGI representative Valence Valerie made the following statement; “While we appreciate the sentiment and interest of so many people in the study of the arcane, we cannot condone such a mass movement. Any attempt to ‘storm’ Oranbega would, if the rumours are true, have to go through Paragon City’s sewer network and other uncharted cave networks. There are, of course, serious health risks involved, and in the interest of public safety we would ask people not to attend this event.”

Investigation revealed that the original creator of the event was known anti-magical agitator Maria Alvarez. Her involvement alone has forced the Paragon Police Department to condemn the movement (public health concerns aside), and Captain Filio Jupitus told Paragon Times that “This event amounts to social manipulation, and while clicking ‘Attend’ itself is not a crime, we would like the citizens of Paragon City to be aware of cyber manipulation.”

The event is planned for September 17th, and it remains to be seen whether or not any of the 400,000 attendees will turn up in Skyway City for it.

Edited by AerialAssault
  • Like 3

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

UPDATE: Due to Time Travel shenanigans, this has been retconned.  This is not going to be a typical occurrence, but SG plots gonna SG plot.

Channel Nine News, On Your Side!

The body of missing Podcaster and radio personality Allen Rush was discovered early this morning in King's Row. 

<A clip is shown of a balding, middle-aged man gesticulating wildly as he rants into a microphone.>

The controversial pundit was infamous for his anti-mutant rhetoric, though PPD is declining to comment whether this was in any way related to his apparent abduction and death. 

Rush was abducted last week in the middle of his regularly scheduled live stream.

<The picture changes to show a still image, obviously a freeze-frame from a video, of a masked woman, clad in a mask and chain-wrapped red leather in the same studio as the previous clip.>

The identity of the assailant remains unknown, as do her motivations.  We will have more on this story as it develops.

Next up, are the PPD's drones really here for our protection?  This mother of four thinks otherwise...

------------------------------------------------------------

Humanity Today
Blog Posted 7/22/19, by Jared Welles

"The motivations of the assailant remain unknown."  Can you believe this crap?  It's obvious to anybody with half a brain that this was about Rush telling the truth about the Muties, and the unregistered Metas.  And you know what his last broadcast was?  What finally made him a target?  Elizabeth Gunnison.  The Barghast.

He spoke truth to power, and the power struck him down.  He called out the villains in our midst, and they could have none of that.  So they kidnapped him, and they killed him.  And before you say I'm crazy, before you say this was just a random incident?  Here's what the news and the police aren't telling you.  Allen Rush wasn't just killed, he was ripped to shreds. Now what does that sound like?  Whose MO does that remind you of? 

I have it on good authority that the PPD knows where Barghast is, but for whatever reason, they refuse to make a move.  Why not?  What are they afraid of?  Hurt feelings?  We shouldn't have to worry about what the Muties think of us.  They want us scared!  That's why Allen Rush was killed!  If the authorities can't even find it in themselves to apprehend a literal murderer, then maybe, just maybe the people of this great city should step up.  You all know what happens when you kick a hornet's nest.

Edited by Sidhe Vicious
  • Like 2

‘...ultimately It's going to be a wet one for those of you who were hoping for a nice day at the Beach!’ the wide eyed, overly tanned weatherman beams. ‘You’re better bringing your brolly rather than your sunblock! Back to you Julie.’

The camera lingers on his smiling face for several long seconds before cutting to the typical morning presenters, sat around a coffee table, illuminated in bright warm light.

‘It’s really a horrible morning, isn’t it Darryl?’ the female reporter looks to her co-host for support.

‘That it is Julie, I sure am glad to be inside here with you this morning.’ Darryl answers, as much for the camera as it is for Julie.

The pair share an uncomfortable smile before Darryl continues, ‘That was John with your morning weather today, on Good Morning Paragon.’ 

The usual sunny disposition of the morning breakfast new reporters suddenly darken and Julie’s typically broad smile drops before continuing, ‘Breaking News, coming to you live from Good Morning Paragon. We are going to Liz Tuss, roaming reporter, live on the scene.’

‘Thank you Julie,’ Liz laughs. ‘I’m here live at Paragon University where we have received reports of what appears to be a kidnapping. Renowned researcher of psychic manipulation, Dr. Feliz Lopez, has been kidnapped in the early morning hours today and first indications from witnesses seem to indicate that this kidnapping was orchestrated by the villain known as Delver, alias of Colm McCann. As of yet there have been no ransom demands, baffling investigators as previous crimes linked to Delver were clearly motivated by financial gain.’

The reporter’s voice bounces along, ‘If you have any information, local police have opened an anonymous tip line and would encourage citizens to approach with anything that could lead to an arrest. Back to you Darryl and Julie.’

Darryl and Julie appear to be silently talking and laughing before turning to the camera in unison as Julie starts, ‘Thank you Liz. Welcome back to the studio viewers. Join us after the break for traffic with Carl Sutter and we will also hear from a mutant who thinks he can predict what will happen on the semifinals of Paragon’s Got Talent talent.’

Darryl quickly joins in, ‘Wow Julie, that sounds great. See you later, viewers!’

Slowly the camera pulls back before the programme cuts to yet another advertisement for over 50’s life insurance.

Edited by chivalry
  • Like 1

Paragon Times

31/07/2019

Phil Christie

Dr. Feliz Lopez Returned!

Late Tuesday night, a tip arrived to the Steel Canyon Police Department that the recently reported missing researcher, Dr. Feliz Lopez, had reappeared in her university office after having vanished for an extended period of time. The story, first brought to city wide attention by the Channel 2 morning news show Good Morning Paragon, quickly went cold with little evidence to follow up and no ransom ever called in to Dr. Lopez’s family, as police had hoped would happen upon her initial disappearance. With the trail cold and Delver, the villain many believed to be responsible, seemingly in hiding, it appeared that there was little hope for the doctor’s safe return unless an informant came forward with additional information for investigators.

Despite law enforcement’s concerns around the situation,  Dr. Lopez appeared with seemingly no recollection and unphased by the events which happened early Thursday morning and the police were quick to schedule an interview about events. Initial interviews have been unsuccessful in producing any leads as Dr. Lopez appears completely oblivious to the circumstances around her disappearance. The police are reluctant to press too hard but some indications are that they have approached several heroes specializing in memory recovery to see if they can produce results in recovering the doctor's memory.

One eye witness who wishes to remain anonymous stated, ‘[Dr. Lopez] seemed to be more confused that people were concerned for her safety than anything else. It was like she had no knowledge of what happened to her. One minute her office was empty and the next she just walked right through the door, said hello, same as she always did, and sat in her chair. It is like it never happened. Its really concerning that someone could just up and vanish like that and not know it!’

Police remain tight lipped about their interview with Dr. Lopez though early indications are that the District Attorneys Office does not believe there is a case against Delver though investigating detectives are keen to push forward anyway. 

The Paragon Times will continue to follow this story closely as the events unfold.

• Like 1

ME7dzqG.png

'THE VANQUISHERS' ON THE RISE!
(from an article published in the Paragon City Times on July 04, 2019)

After months of continuous strikes against some major threats to safety in Paragon City, the Vanquishers are officially joining the big leagues after securing private funding from the famous superheroes High Score and First Player. Sources say that the Vanquishers helped rescue a close relative of High Score, impressing the heroine and inspiring both her and First Player to help the team expand into something greater. In a press release at the start of July, they officially announced their plan to work with and build up the Vanquishers.

We are still awaiting from an official statement from the Vanquishers themselves, but it seems like the group is gearing up to become a major player in Paragon City in the coming months. There is some speculation that a move like this might invite trouble, but everything that we have seen from the Vanquishers recently has made it clear that they are more than capable of handling any trouble that comes their way. The people of this city are undoubtedly safer with protectors like the Vanquishers looking after them.

Edited by Jon

PARAGON SUPERGOSSIP

Kallisti Gold flashes her credentials as she attends the opening of a new Casino in St Martial!

Last night saw the opening of the  new Joker's Wild casino and nighclub in St Martial. Our photographer was on hand to catch the celebrities in attendance
and was able to catch this snap of the glamorous Kallisti Gold leaving the club in the early hours. Looking rather sweaty and dishevelled, it seems she had
a good time in the club! Rumours of an attempted robbery during the evening have surfaced but we received no response when trying to contact the club management.

kg-jokers.jpg

The outfit Kallisti Gold is wearing is the subject of an ongoing court case between Carson of Icon and a struggling model Candy Labeaux who is claiming that Carson
copied her own design after she was kidnapped by Circle of Thorns at a fashion show and eventually rescued by Kallisti Gold.

• Like 3

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

ME7dzqG.png

rIC6kvo.png

STRANGE SIGHTS IN STEEL CANYON

A newly released Longbow report has revealed that some of the unusual occurrences happening in Steel Canyon earlier this week were a direct result of temporal interference from a source that the report left classified. For those who missed it, a RadioShack in downtown Steel Canyon was being raided by what was apparently a real group of Viking warriors who were displaced in time. Luckily for the hard-working people of Paragon City, the Vanquishers were quick to arrive on the scene and eliminate the threat.

The report from Longbow lists no known suspects and states that nobody was taken into custody after the incident. The Vanquishers' very own Limbo himself had the following to say in his official statement to our on-site correspondence team:

"I just want to make this clear: it was definitely not Timeburn who made this whole time mess in the first place. Trust me on this one. It was some weird guy with a mustache who slipped away at the last second. So again, just so we're extra clear, this was all definitely not Timeburn's fault."

Due to the fact that Longbow did not identify the source of the temporal anomalies in their report, we cannot confirm what Timeburn's role actually was. Is she responsible, or even involved at all? If so, why is Longbow hiding it? We reached out to Timeburn for comment but have so far received no response.

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

KINGSROW BUGLE

GANG VIOLENCE ON RAISE WITH NEW SUPER WEAPONS AND DRUGS HITTING THE ROW

Gang violence recently has started to rise all along kings row.  From mass fights breaking out amoungest small time gangs to
drive by shootings and bombings.  So far officly there has been no explanation for this so called all out war amoungest the gangs.  Unofficially word amoungst some information brokers is that a new wave of street level drugs seem to be arriving via smugglers as of late and each of the gangs are looking for a piece of the action in order to get up in the ranks and be re consed.

But drugs it seems are not the only things being smuggled in.  Weapons as well.  From the basic automatic shot gun to high powered rifles that shoot lasers.  When asked for a comment the police chief denied such rumors were true but added @If there is any truth to those rumors however we would be acting on them immediately and shut down this pipeline of drugs and weapons.  We have also increased our presence on the streets of kings row in order to hopefully stop at least some of the violence".

If what happened though soon after words is any indication that they have a way yet to go with this problem as the police chief then took a phone call then excused himself from his office.  Thanks to a hot tip it was found that there was a warehouse that had just been destroyed internally on kings row filled with weapons and drugs.  All workers in the warehouse were founds unconcise and bound which what makes suggesting that some one gave them a beating.  

Only clue found at the scene was a card with a insignia of what apperd to be a fox and a crimson Arrow lodged into the wall behind the workers.  Is this a new hero come to kings row or just a mercenary hired by others gangs to disrupt the pipeline of weapons  going to other gangs and redirect it to there own.

• Like 1

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

ME7dzqG.png

VANQUISHERS VETO NAZI TAKEOVER

Yesterday, an armed militia of Nazi soldiers stormed into government buildings in Washington and took over control of the state, aided by a number of criminal organizations. The Vanquishers were seen entering the central conflict zone shortly after the incident began. An Olympia news crew captured footage shortly after their arrival of the Vanquishers fighting what appears to be a Nazi super-soldier. In this short clip, you can see the team struggling to fight the Nazi before retreating.

Late last night, the Vanquishers entered the super-soldier Nazi’s base. Shortly afterwards, most of the remaining Nazi forces fled just as quickly as they arrived. While nobody knows exactly what happened in there with the Vanquishers, one of our field reporters was able to stop one of the team members, Limbo, on their way out to find out more.

“Alright, did you hear about us fighting that Nazi who kicked our asses in Olympia? That’s Hyper-Nazi. Well, we were originally gonna call him Baby Ace, but we figured that might get a little confusing for Ace, our own resident super-soldier. Two Aces? That’s insanity, man.

Anyway, we followed him here. Occultist and Interface built this weapon to, I dunno, supercharge his super-soldier powers or something? I’m not really sure about the science. All I know is we got in there and fought our way to Hyper-Nazi, they zapped him with it, and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. He just kept growing, and growing, and-- well, you get it.

After that, I’m not sure. That’s about when I got knocked out. You’ll have to ask one of the other-- hey, where’d they go?”

We may never know the full story about what happened in there, and we may never fully understand the connection between Ace, Baby Ace, and the Nazi agenda, but at least we do know that the Vanquishers will never give up on a fight no matter the odds. Those are the kind of heroes we need in today’s world.