Earth's Embrace heal nerfed too much

jmdx3

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Are you sure it isn't the other way around? If the power's duration and activation time is less than the recharge, then you have to wait for the recharge to finish to use again.

Example:

Activation time: 2 Seconds

Duration time: 18 seconds

Recharge time: 16 seconds or less

Result: Perma

• Thumbs Up 1

Its just a sneaky typo in there.  Either the duration+activation needs to be more than the recharge or the recharge needs to be less than the duration+activation.  I knew what you meant but the person originally asking may not.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BrandX said:

I always feel this is a mistake.  I feel the best time to use it, is when it will heal that damage you just took.  So you get the heal AND the extra hit points.  

I think that used to be true, but with the new setup it's better to have it up in advance.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, Glacier Peak said:

Not at all. The power isn't meant to be used as an oh shit button. It raises max hp and can easily be perma'd, which makes Rooted's regen work even better. 

I don't recall being unable to perma it before the change. Maybe a 4 or 6 second delay, which changes nothing about rooted if I am correct. The only thing that has changed is the ability to heal within reason. As of right now, I have to agree with the OP, the change feels more like a nerf and less like a buff. The only benifit that I can see is that it can be permad...but I don't recall that ever being an issue prior, so nothing was gained from my perspective, only lost.

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I don't recall being unable to perma it before the change. Maybe a 4 or 6 second delay, which changes nothing about rooted if I am correct. The only thing that has changed is the ability to heal within reason. As of right now, I have to agree with the OP, the change feels more like a nerf and less like a buff. The only benifit that I can see is that it can be permad...but I don't recall that ever being an issue prior, so nothing was gained from my perspective, only lost.

You had to heavily invest in recharge in order to have a 4 to 6 second delay all the time. So the benefit here is that people who don’t have all that recharge have a much more useful ability. And the other changes to the set mean that you don’t really need the giant heal as much. More solid defense, with more reliable high hp and regen means you won’t need much actual healing.

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

You had to heavily invest in recharge in order to have a 4 to 6 second delay all the time. So the benefit here is that people who don’t have all that recharge have a much more useful ability. And the other changes to the set mean that you don’t really need the giant heal as much. More solid defense, with more reliable high hp and regen means you won’t need much actual healing.

I will self admit that I do not, nor have I ever used Granite Armor...in fact I down right refuse to use it. So for me as a player who builds around not taking Granite Armor, it's more of a nerf. So that is my own self inflicted handicap.

19 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I will self admit that I do not, nor have I ever used Granite Armor...in fact I down right refuse to use it. So for me as a player who builds around not taking Granite Armor, it's more of a nerf. So that is my own self inflicted handicap.

I have a Ice/Stone brute, no Granite.  EE's cycle time is ~36s on my build (without Hasten, i don't have that on this character)... and I rarely have to use it, since I'm also well over the soft cap on every type except Fire/Cold, and have Fire/Cold Res at 75% (85% if HP dips low enough (Reactive Defenses proc)).  Granted, I play high-end builds, so I may not be capable of seeing it from a wide enough perspective, but as powerful as Granite-less Stone is now, and with that much overlap on EE possible, I don't think it's in a bad position.

Edited by Luminara
Tanker-brain
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just now, Luminara said:

I have a Stone/Ice brute, no Granite.  EE's cycle time is ~36s on my build (without Hasten, i don't have that on this character)... and I rarely have to use it, since I'm also well over the soft cap on every type except Fire/Cold, and have Fire/Cold Res at 75% (85% if HP dips low enough (Reactive Defenses proc)).  Granted, I play high-end builds, so I may not be capable of seeing it from a wide enough perspective, but as powerful as Granite-less Stone is now, and with that much overlap on EE possible, I don't think it's in a bad position.

I guess it boils down to play style/builds then. For some it could be very helpful, for others it can be a bit hindering. Respect for your Graniteless build by-the-way. Welcome to the club, we have jackets!

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Fundamentally, if you're getting hurt enough that you need a Big heal instead of constant high HP and Regen, there's something else going on in your build. And I'm not talking about Granite.

I challenge you to run my created mission in AE then. I think you will quickly discover otherwise.