XP, influence, and drops per person efficiency rate

zenijos10

Has anyone done a data analysis of the efficiency of influence and XP gain across team sizes?

What I mean is, how is XP/ influence/ drops split or modified as team size grows.

If I am complete say a fire farm and on average get 1000 inf and 1000 xp 5 recipes 5 salavage and 5 SOs per run solo.  If I run two people will they average 500 inf/ xp and 2.5 recipes/salvage/SOs each (provided only the original member fights and everything else stays the same?)  If I run 8 is everything split evenly or is there any increase/decrease in total payout?  

Also, to be clear I am asking if there is an object measurement of this, and I am not requesting off the cuff opinions.

To answer the OP, no. 

There's been data collected by many folks and posted on these forums, but no methodological approach that can be replicated for others to test.

I'd wager the most time consuming part is that methodology set up. After that it's just filling out the spreadsheet and sharing over Google docs for folks to validate. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

It's a good link for explaining the distribution of xp, but seems to offer nothing useful regarding how influence and recipe drops are distributed.  

You've made me realize that I was assuming drop rates were affected in the same way as XP... and we all know what happens when we assume things.

I had a long ramble based on dual boxing experience written but the link explained it better than what I had floating around in my head. There is also the factor of the lead getting different/lesser rewards than the rest of the party. I've done enough dual boxing to say the farmer doesn't have an equal chance of getting a purple to drop. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

It's a good link for explaining the distribution of xp, but seems to offer nothing useful regarding how influence and recipe drops are distributed.  

As I remember it described way back on Live, each member of a team gets completely independent drop rolls for each type of reward -- invention salvage, event salvage, (disabled) base salvage, enhancement, recipe, thread, shard, etc. -- while the drop rates are low enough that it's unlikely, it's possible for every character on a team to get a recipe drop from a single defeated mob. Making drops independent was a deliberate design decision on the part of the original devs.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You've made me realize that I was assuming drop rates were affected in the same way as XP... and we all know what happens when we assume things.

That's where I am coming from here.  What's the reality here.  That fandom data is nice, but it contains obviously outdated information which makes me questions if most or all of it is actually wrong in 2022.   Maybe I will get up the motivation to setup a proper experiment, but mostly I was just hoping someone already had.  In the grand scheme of things its not that important, just nice to know.

Edited by zenijos10

21 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

60-601480_donkey-shrek-smile-shrek-forever-after-poster.png&f=1&nofb=1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/4/2022 at 6:42 AM, zenijos10 said:

Has anyone done a data analysis of the efficiency of influence and XP gain across team sizes?

What I mean is, how is XP/ influence/ drops split or modified as team size grows.

If I am complete say a fire farm and on average get 1000 inf and 1000 xp 5 recipes 5 salavage and 5 SOs per run solo.  If I run two people will they average 500 inf/ xp and 2.5 recipes/salvage/SOs each (provided only the original member fights and everything else stays the same?)  If I run 8 is everything split evenly or is there any increase/decrease in total payout?  

Also, to be clear I am asking if there is an object measurement of this, and I am not requesting off the cuff opinions.

Yes

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum