Help finding the internal names of some temp powers

SecretCisco

I want to use the method of the Fast Travel popmenu to create a menu for deploying powers like Shivan Shard, and the warburg payloads but I need help finding the specific names the game uses internally for those powers. I searched the Powers "API" to no avail and reading through the binaries myself is way outside my area of expertise. So if anybody can find it or maybe point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate the assistance!

Example: That last name after "PowerReady"

LockedOption
	{
		DisplayName "&Long Range Teleporter"
		Command "powexecname Long Range Teleporter"
		Icon "Accolade_LongRangeTeleport"
		PowerReady "Temporary_Powers.Accolades.Long_Range_Teleport"
	}

You can try searching City of Data v2.0. This might be a good place to start there:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=temporary_powers

For example, I found 'Temporary Powers.Temporary Powers.Shivan Shard' but I am not sure if that if the same power you are looking for.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

You can try searching City of Data v2.0. This might be a good place to start there:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=temporary_powers

For example, I found 'Temporary Powers.Temporary Powers.Shivan Shard' but I am not sure if that if the same power you are looking for.

Funny thing, I actually just came here to say I found it on City of data 2!

Unfortunately, in my test just now, Shivan Shard and Envenomed Dagger were both still greyed out in the popmenu despite being ready to go. So far the only "new" power I've been able to get checked properly is brawl "Inherent.Inherent.Brawl"

But I feel like this is a step in the right direction and a useful resource to have besides! I'll keep experimenting tomorrow and hopefully figure how to make it work or at least find evidence it can't be done due to a current code-limitation or bug. For now though, bed.

Actually nevermind, I noticed something and did another test and now it works! Both powers are enabled now and the daggers worked perfectly! Shivan Shard didn't but that's my bad for messing up the command.

The trick is that the URL of the power on City of Data has the right name, so it's not "temporary_powers.temporary_powers.shivan_shard" like in the search or page but "temporary_powers.temporary_powers.v_shivan_shard" with extra little "v_"! Tell your friend, beautiful and functional custom popmenus for all!

Note: P2W Envenomed Daggers are "temporary_powers.temporary_powers.invention_envenomed_dagger" and not "temporary_powers.temporary_powers.alt_lp_envenomed_dagger"

I'm gonna update the unofficial wiki too and then go to bed for real! (Woooooo finally got it working!!!)

Edited by SecretCisco
addendum
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Another source to find oddball power names (including what seem to be typoes or misspellings by some long-ago code wrangler, or powers that were crafted under one name but released or updated under another), look at the list of power icons:

Each has a call name that can probably be used to decode the power name.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

18 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

<Google spreadsheet link>

While useful, that Google spreadsheet is unfortunately somewhat dated, and as far as I can tell it is not actively maintained. The HC Wiki page for the macro_image slash command is actively maintained and was built using the information from that Google spreadsheet. The HC wiki page corrects a number of errors in the Google spreadsheet, and adds a sizeable number of missing icons from both Live and Homecoming.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

While useful, that Google spreadsheet is unfortunately somewhat dated, and as far as I can tell it is not actively maintained. The HC Wiki page for the macro_image slash command is actively maintained and was built using the information from that Google spreadsheet. The HC wiki page corrects a number of errors in the Google spreadsheet, and adds a sizeable number of missing icons from both Live and Homecoming.

Noted, thanks.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

If you lookup a power on city of data and scroll down to look at the code,  the very first line 'name' is the powers internal name.  The second line 'full name'  is the one that doesnt work.

In the case of envenomed dagger-

"name": "Alt_LP_Envenomed_Dagger",

"full_name": "Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Alt_LP_Envenomed_Dagger"

Alt_LP_Envenomed_Dagger is the internal name and should work.  Its less important to have the shorter name on a popmenu,  but for a bind or macro it could save the space you need for all that fanciness.

Edited by TheZag