Quick Question

Sakai

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

mmm, planes

Rounding it out.

4573c8e9cff6aa5f230f9b23d2272d8f.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I understand this concept.   However, that's not the case....  

I had a ton of common salvage (all random items and random quantities) posted for 100 inf each.  The bid history when I looked over the 2 days they were posted, showed people were buying at 200-500 inf.  Yes, people could have been posting for less, there is a display bug, I was in no rush so I let it stand another day.  But generally, when I post for 100 each they sell within moments or at least overnight.  Never has it taken 3 days to sell common salvage at that price.  So when they hadn't sold on that 3rd day, I took them down and reposted them at 100 each - they immediately sold.  So yeah, something is screwy with the queue system.

Most folks drop common salvage at 1 to 5 influence.  When I am farming I'll drop hundreds of pieces at 5 influence and it will take a day to sell sometimes.  Most people will buy at 100 to 500 influence just because.  It's sort of like shooting the barn 100 times and then painting the target where you hit the most.  We don't have enough insight into what posted prices are to make any assumptions about whether list prices are good or not, but if you are listing at 100, then I am not surprised to hear that it took quite a long time to sell.

With that said, as others have stated, there are quite a number of known and probably a few unknown bugs with the system.  It's possible you stumbled across one.  It is equally as possible that during the time you took the items off the AH that the lower listed items cleared and when you relisted, yours were the lowest and hence sold immediately.

Edited by Ura Hero

The only other thing I can think of to add is that you've got to avoid human specific values when you want the AH to work in your favor.  As @Yomo Kimyata mentioned, the AH is very poor when dealing with ties.  It has to do with the way the transaction queue is coded.  Instead of listing for say 100 or 5 or 1 try 37 or 43 or 397.  Avoid anything that ends in 0, 5, or power of 2.  Those are numbers that humans gravitate towards and so there are thousands of those transactions on the AH.  As mentioned, we do not have the entire picture with regards to all the transactions that occur so from that limited data things can look very odd.  But I believe there are enough of us playing that market that we've got a pretty good consensus on how the whole system works.  That doesn't mean it isn't a possible bug and certainly report it.  Worse that happens is the devs determine it is working as intended and so ignore the post.

• Like 1