Time defender help

Kiinoh

I have recently got back into playing CoH again. Mainly playing solo or duo with a friend who plays fire/fire brute.

I'm really wanting to create a Time/* hero. Not too fussed between Defender or Corruptor.

What would be the best pairing to go with this?

I know it depends on what I want to do so what is best with the following;

Soloing/Duoing harder content like AVs/GMs

Soloing/Duoing missions?

Providing good team support and synergy (I think time had plenty of this)

General good synergy between primary and secondary?

Thanks

Edited by Kiinoh
Comment complaining about title

• Kiinoh changed the title to Time defender help

There are a lot of good pairings that work with Time, but I would suggest Time/Beam. Beam gives you additional -regen and -resist for hard targets. Make sure you take Power or Soul Mastery for your epic. Power Boost/Power Build Up + Farsight will soft cap your defense. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Time is good enough that pretty much anything will work.

Some noted synergies:

• Beam Rifle adds some additional -resist and -regen. The -regen may particularly help since Time's -regen isn't great on its own.
  • Electric and Time both respond well to Power Boost, if you want to be a sapper. Electric also benefits from the PBAoE debuff time has that otherwise often isn't worth taking. It's also really nice being able to easily slow enemies who try to run away when their end bar crashes.
  • Time's slows work really well with Ice's rains. 
  • Dual Pistols and Radiation benefit lots from procs, Time offers lots of bonus ToHit to make proc builds very juicy.

Sets I wouldn't probably persue (not terrible, just not really appealing to me) are Archery (generally bland) Assault Rifle (bland and low on utility) and Dark Blast (overkill on -ToHit, Time probably prefers slows to immobilizes, and doesnt really need another self heal). Anything else is likely to be very good, just a decision on whether to go Defender or Corruptor. That's a hard one to answer because procs can play so heavily into Time builds.

I did a Water/Time Corruptor and it lays waste to pretty much everything.  It's very sturdy as well.  Water has a lot -Speed that stacks with Time and the -Def and KD is great too. 

As others have mentioned, pretty much everything pairs with Time.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Time/Elec is incredibly fun. when you get em to 0 end and they do the 6 million dollar man version of runnoft... it's just huge giggles.

Time/Ice is just a beast. Only note is to remember if you put procs into Times Juncture it's gonna take a tank to get aggro off you and some-days you will go boom. But other than that you can be anything the team needs or wants in one place. I prefer that setup with Dark Mastery so you can add some more controls for the large crowds you will be in... and I love Soul Transfer when you do occasionally fall.

I have a Time/Ice and Time/Water Defender, both can pretty much Solo anything. The one Difference is my Time/Ice is pretty unkillable. I also use /Dark mastery as both PbAOE can be proc'd up something fierce. You can also put +recharge in all the Aoe powers for water making you a recharge god. Its pretty amazing as I always have perma Whirlpool and Distortion Field going.

• 1 year later
On 3/26/2022 at 9:56 AM, ninpon78 said:

I have a Time/Ice and Time/Water Defender, both can pretty much Solo anything. The one Difference is my Time/Ice is pretty unkillable. I also use /Dark mastery as both PbAOE can be proc'd up something fierce. You can also put +recharge in all the Aoe powers for water making you a recharge god. Its pretty amazing as I always have perma Whirlpool and Distortion Field going.

Care to share your Time/Ice build? Trying to find one.. kinda rare. Thanks!

Time/Ice is solid but it's really have to justify running Ice Blast as a non-Corruptor. Time/Water works well, especially since you no long have to fiddle around with the 8 sec internal cooldown on Water Jet. However, my favorite is probably Time/Seismic. While you have to figure out a 5th LotG mule, Seismic has amongst the highest single target dps and the delayed impact on Meteor works perfectly with Slowed Response.

• 7 months later
On 6/16/2023 at 12:13 PM, Hjarki said:

Time/Ice is solid but it's really have to justify running Ice Blast as a non-Corruptor. Time/Water works well, especially since you no long have to fiddle around with the 8 sec internal cooldown on Water Jet. However, my favorite is probably Time/Seismic. While you have to figure out a 5th LotG mule, Seismic has amongst the highest single target dps and the delayed impact on Meteor works perfectly with Slowed Response.

Do you have your Time/Seismic posted anywhere?

On 1/26/2024 at 8:11 AM, balor said:

Do you have your Time/Seismic posted anywhere?

No, but it's fairly easy to build. Seismic's recharge reduction on all powers coupled with Time's ability to cap defenses trivially means you don't need any particularly difficult build constraints.

• Like 3