Ice Patch - toggle

I don't see it happening, but the one thing that puts me off from ice melee is Ice Patch, makes you stationary and tied to that spot. Think it would be better as a toggle like Irradiate and spawns a pet Patch with a .67 mag just enough to make them  slip.

Remove the sleep sleep effect from, seems redundant and probably mag 1 for minions. Could be wrong on the sleep, reference Paragonwiki and it could be out of date, computer is down for a week.

2 toggles in melee side, would be more unique. Dark armor players would love it lol.

Alternatively have Frozen Aura and ice Patch as a toggle do some kind of combo effect.

• Thumbs Down 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

As mentioned, if they changed it to a toggle it'd probably be made into a copy of one of the endurance eating knockback toggles for balance reasons, no thanks.  Now that it is much faster casting ice patch is amazing as is.

The point of frozen aura now is the damage.  It is an attack that happens to have a sleep component.  Also rather not see that turned into a toggle.  

Main issues with ice melee are that frozen fists and greater ice sword are both very underwhelming.  So, I'd say you are aiming at the wrong powers to change...

5 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I don't see it happening, but the one thing that puts me off from ice melee is Ice Patch, makes you stationary and tied to that spot. Think it would be better as a toggle like Irradiate and spawns a pet Patch with a .67 mag just enough to make them  slip.

Remove the sleep sleep effect from, seems redundant and probably mag 1 for minions. Could be wrong on the sleep, reference Paragonwiki and it could be out of date, computer is down for a week.

2 toggles in melee side, would be more unique. Dark armor players would love it lol.

Alternatively have Frozen Aura and ice Patch as a toggle do some kind of combo effect.

Terrible idea, for Ice Melee or other.

I don't think you're supposed to stand inside the ice patch, you're supposed to stand *behind* the ice patch. For ranged ATs, putting it between yourself and enemies is a basic strat. For melee, drawing foes to the patch is basically a pocket chokepoint when you don't have a corner.

Making it a toggle means you now can't move or you release your foes from the vicegrip of the knockdown.