Poor guy

Arbegla

Might of had the number preloaded and clicked on Bid versus seeing what they had bid.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 9. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 10. Blackmoor: Dark/dark Controller.

Current obsession(s): Grav/ta

4 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Might of had the number preloaded and clicked on Bid versus seeing what they had bid.

That would be my first thought.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

6 hours ago, Dismiss said:

I just bid 70 mln on a stack of 10 enhancement converters. And I clicked twice. 1.4 bln gone. I hope someone enjoys it.

Sadly, I have not sold any of these lately.  I've only been a buyer.  😞

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

• 4 months later

A fair question. When I was selling the pvp IOs, and keeping track, I would often see the Shield Walls selling for 10M, which struck me as odd, because I was selling them for 8M. It made no sense to me why people would just slap a 10M bid off the jump, particularly when the display glitch didn't seem to impact them, at least, not for me. 

I think it's a player, returning after an absence who has the resources and doesn't realize that prices have lowered over time. I could certainly be wrong. 

I recall getting something like 64M for a pvp IO, and I was tickled, because the going price was 8M, as I mentioned. I considered it an extra zero on the bid, and frankly, you get no mercy from me for low-balling an offer of 6.4M for an 8M item. 7M, I can see. But 6.4 is just being cheap. So, when I see an extra zero in cases like those, I chuckle to myself and send a mental message - "That's what you get for being cheap!". 

6 hours ago, Ukase said:

I think it's a player, returning after an absence who has the resources and doesn't realize that prices have lowered over time. I could certainly be wrong.

I think so.  I see plenty of items where four of the recent sales are in a tight range like 3.8M to 4.3M and then one was sold for 10M.

I can't complain.

Certainly if you want to generate Inf you can easy enough,

Oh and now it's 20 million, and I know it's not a sales history display error cause someone bought an Aegis Res/End off me for 20 mil.

i guess it is as good a way to redistribute Inf as any.

Happy Marketeering 

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."