Suggestion: Allow damage enhancemnts on Leadership's Assault ability

Cnox

The only enhancement you can put on Assault (under Leadership) is endurance reduction and recharge (which seems a little pointless).  The Tactics ability, which gives +toHit, allows to-Hit enhancments, so why wouldn't Assault allow increased damange?

So, my request/suggestion is to allow damage enhancements to be slotted under Leadership, as well as any other power under Leadership that gives damage bonuses.   This should also allow enhancement set categories 'damage' as well.

Thank you!

• Thumbs Down 2

Because the damage enhancements boost the damage of the power they are slotted in. And Assault doesn't do damage. It provides a buff to damage.

Edit: And re-reading @arcane's post... that is exactly what (s)he said.... Sorry.

Edited by Rudra

It has to do with the interaction of how things get enhanced, the 'strength' of the effect regardless of whether it's a buff or debuff it's all based on the strength ... or something along those lines.  It's why some HO's were changed a while back, they buffed some things that weren't intended to be buffed in the manner they buffed them.   I'm sure someone else could elaborate more completely but it would likely effect things Assault shouldn't have any effect on.  It's a coding issue basically if I understand correctly

Maybe the creation of a new  type of IO set, either for endurance reduction or recharge,  which could at least give you some kind of bonus?

I wouldn't make the bonuses overly powerful, since it could be abused, but at least minimally useful.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:07 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

It has to do with the interaction of how things get enhanced, the 'strength' of the effect regardless of whether it's a buff or debuff it's all based on the strength ... or something along those lines.  It's why some HO's were changed a while back, they buffed some things that weren't intended to be buffed in the manner they buffed them.   I'm sure someone else could elaborate more completely but it would likely effect things Assault shouldn't have any effect on.  It's a coding issue basically if I understand correctly

Someone's elaboration:  All powers which buff Damage are currently flagged with "ignore enhancements and other boosts".  That flag is why even if Damage enhancements could be slotted in Assault (simple enough to change that, it's just an entry in the power definition), they wouldn't have any effect.  Removing that flag would allow a +Damage power, such as Assault, to be buffed by +Damage, but that would mean all +Damage the character is sporting would buff the +Damage power as well.

Let's look at the controller base value for Assault, 15%.  That base 15% would instantly jump to 15 * 1.15 = 17.25%, and it would remain there, because as long as Assault was active, it would continue to buff itself.  If that controller had accumulated 23% +Damage from set bonuses, Assault's buff would then be 17.25 * 1.38 = 23.81%.  If the player then slotted 96% +Damage in Assault, that would roll all the way up to (17.25 * 1.38) * 1.96 = 46.66%.  Oh, the controller just popped a large red inspiration, 50% +Damage, so now the final total looks like (17.25 * 1.88) * 1.96 = 63.56%.

That's why +Damage powers are flagged to ignore +Damage.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.