Mind Probe and Dominate?

Tankshock

A few things I'd mention:

• Dominate is going to kick ass regardless of AT. Mind Probe isn't exactly the most amazing power ever, but it's a hard-hitting attack you need to take to get Dominate.. so it's gonna be used. All of the ST epic melee attacks do similar DPA.
  • Dominate is on a 16 second recharge which is way shorter than other epic holds (Netherworld Grasp, Spirit Shark Jaws, Block of Ice... all 32 seconds). 16 seconds is just about perfect for a ST proc bomb and fitting into an attack chain. This is the main problem IMO. Either increase Dominate recharge, or reduce the others. 
  • If recharges are standardized, I'd imagine other epic pools would become much more popular. Leviathan Mastery would have a big draw for KoB -> Spirit Shark Jaws
  • You Still need to use two ST attacks from your primary to have a viable ST chain IMO. One of them being your t1 attack for offensive opportunity. I typically skip the snipe replacement and use the t3 blast (Cosmic Burst, Blaze, Blazing Arrow, etc). 
Edited by Ston
  • Like 1

FWIW, I went Electricity Mastery and don't feel like I sacrificed performance. My primary is Rad Blast, so I already had lots of places to slot procs. Havoc Punch has higher DPA than the other epic melee attacks. Paralyzing Jolt gives me a second stun to stack with Cosmic Burst (and is also on a 16 second recharge).

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Even though the burst damage is higher with proc dominate/mind probe, their long recharge makes it unable to match primary powers per rotation and causes you to use it infrequently compared to the moderate recharging melee options.  I've gotten higher DPS from using Sting of the wasp and cremate before because they allowed a more efficient rotation.  It really depends on the rest of your attack chain.

• Thumbs Up 1

My Beam/EnA went Nin for concept (Gundam) - and I literally only use SotW for shits and giggles, or posing. All my Beam attacks are better DPA.

Would not object to balance/buffs/usability to Sentinel EPP's... Suspect it'll happen when HC does the Sentinel tweaking.

Edited by Errants
  • Thumbs Up 1

Death is the best debuff.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

No, not really. That should be fixed too.

I agree.  But I would hope they brought up the others and not put Gloom/Moonbeam down.  What I want in an Epic Pool attack, is putting it my normal rotation.  It it takes down my damage, I wouldn't use it, at least not as much.  I could see using a range attack as utility, but I want it for more than that personally.  Normal rotation use.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:10 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

No, not really. That should be fixed too.

Nor is it really all that different from Corruptors/Defenders’ Dominate. You don’t see that quite as often because there are other important non-attack powers available to those AT’s like Soul Drain, Power Boost, Scorpion Shield, but if you’re looking for an extra attack it’s the same situation.

Important to note though that melee Gloom/Moonbeam/Zapp are just strong af on their own terms. Dominate wouldn’t mean anything on its own if PPM is nerfed.