Proposed parody toon / Build challenge

Zepp

Alright, I was thinking of throwing together a character with as many X-men powers as possible in a single toon. What is the best way to do that?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Brute

Claws Wolverine/Beast

Staff Gambit

Invul Colossus 

Willpower/Regen Wolverine 

SR Beast/Gambit

Nrg Mastery Laser Beam Eyes Cyclops 

Teleport Nightcrawler

Fly with wings Angel

Artic Mastery Iceman

Super Speed Quicksilver

Speed Phase Kitty Pryde

You could literally go through every AT and come up with something.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Grav/Energy/Ice dominator could cover Marvel Girl, Havok, and Iceman, while including a bit of Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Rogue by using Flight, Leaping, and Teleport pools.

Storm/Energy/Psi defender with those pools could be Storm (obvi), Bishop, and Phoenix.

Psi/Dark/Energy brute for Psylocke, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops, etc, etc.

What I was thinking was
Defender Storm/Rad/Psi
Storms for Storm
X-Ray Beam for Cyclops
Dom/MoB/TK for Phoenix
Mass Hyp/WoC for Scarlet Witch
TP for Nightcrawler
SS for Quicksilver
SS Phase for Shadowcat
Flight for Angel
Fighting Pool for Beast
Rest of the Rad blast set for Jubilee

That's 10 costume slots, 10 X-Men, one toon...

I am still thinking of ways to get a Storm-Kitty-Nightcrawler-Beast-Scarlet Witch-Angel-Jean-Wolverine-Cyclops-(one more) toon, as I think including Wolverine, Phoenix, and Cyclops would be iconic, but can't omit my top five (Storm, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Beast, & Scarlet Witch) to fit them in.

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Omega Force said:

That's a lot of X-Men.  I feel like Beast would need Air Superiority, Combat Jumping, and Spring Attack as well as the Fighting pool, though.

Hmmm... the only issue is that there are only four combat pools and right now the build is using Flight, TP, Speed, and Fighting... May need to consider that.

You could drop Fighting for the attacks from Flight and Leaping instead.  The animation for Kick is horrible and hasn't been done since Sparta, Boxing looks about the same as Brawl, and nobody can see your defensive stats to worry about Tough or Weave.  Cross Punch would look okay with his enormous monkey arms, but the Leap attacks look more like his comicbook moves, I think.

• 3 weeks later
On 5/3/2022 at 4:30 AM, Omega Force said:

You could drop Fighting for the attacks from Flight and Leaping instead.  The animation for Kick is horrible and hasn't been done since Sparta, Boxing looks about the same as Brawl, and nobody can see your defensive stats to worry about Tough or Weave.  Cross Punch would look okay with his enormous monkey arms, but the Leap attacks look more like his comicbook moves, I think.

Drop fighting.  While great for CoH it detracts from your goal.  Not every comic book character is super tough.  By picking up fighting you are leaning into game mechanics and away from concept.  My two cents.

Use those pools to get more stuff that enhances the concept.  Take Magic pool.  You get flight and teleport in one power.  BAMPH.  Now look at other pools where you can get as many powers as possible to reflect the everysupereverything concept as fast as possible

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1