Staff fighting and secondary

FenrisWolf44

Determined to give staff fighting a go, was wondering if there was a secondary that worked particularly well with it, either made up for any shortcomings or improved on it's strengths? Is staff fighting endurance intensive for example, is it low damage?

Any advice appreciated.

I've never had any end issues with Staff. It is not the most damaging set, but it IS one of the most fun IMHO. You feel like you're hitting everything around you. 

I'd recommend either Bio or Stone, followed by Electric.  Bio will help pump out more damage in Offensive stance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Staff Fighting doesn't use much endurance, but it is one of the least damaging primaries.  I agree that your best bets would be to pair it with either Stone Armor (sans Granite), or Electric Armor.  Bio would be good as well, but it's OP and I generally don't recommend OP power sets. :P

• Like 1

Staff is weak single target, but an AE powerhouse.

There are three forms: Body, Soul and Mind. You can get up to three stacks. Body provides +15% damage, Mind provides +15% recharge and Soul provides +33% endurance discount. You can also spend these stacks for slightly elevated damage with two 'finisher' moves which give different benefits:

• Eye of the Storm grants -resist, -defense or -recharge/slow. -Resist is far and away the best of these, but Eye of the Storm itself is the weakest of the AE attacks in the set.
  • Skysplitter grants +resist, +hit or +recovery/regen. Of this, either +resist or +recovery/regen are strong choices.

You also get a bit extra smashing, psionic or energy damage (depending on stance) but this is trivial.

Personally, I view Staff as a set you take for the purposes of tanking - and it works better on Tankers due to the Cone-centric emphasis. While it's not great at single target damage, it solves so many potential problems with a build that it just makes almost any build easier.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apparition said:

Staff Fighting doesn't use much endurance, but it is one of the least damaging primaries.  I agree that your best bets would be to pair it with either Stone Armor (sans Granite), or Electric Armor.  Bio would be good as well, but it's OP and I generally don't recommend OP power sets. 😛

Do it anyway. Form of the Body + Offensive Mode is kinda fun.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Xandyr said:

I've never had any end issues with Staff. It is not the most damaging set, but it IS one of the most fun IMHO. You feel like you're hitting everything around you. 

I'd recommend either Bio or Stone, followed by Electric.  Bio will help pump out more damage in Offensive stance.

You were right, it's so much fun. Mobs are just disintegrating. I paired it with electric, my fave secondary. So far, loving it.

It pairs really nice with dark in that it helps with darks endurance issues.  I have a dark/staff tanker and it's amazing.

Now I plan on making a more dps oriented staff character and cant decode between stalker, scrapper or brute. Stalker loses some of the utility but gains massive ST dmg which is nice.  but I might just go brute, I have a bunch of scrappers and stalkers already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greldek said:

It pairs really nice with dark in that it helps with darks endurance issues.  I have a dark/staff tanker and it's amazing.

Now I plan on making a more dps oriented staff character and cant decode between stalker, scrapper or brute. Stalker loses some of the utility but gains massive ST dmg which is nice.  but I might just go brute, I have a bunch of scrappers and stalkers already.

Go for it but the +damage from form of the body will be completely overshadowed by fury. Form of the soul's endurance discount, however, might be damn useful for an up and coming brute.