Claws/Stone madness

Bill Z Bubba

17 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Hmm.

I've really only messed with /stone when it was in beta. Aside from Brimstone and Geode I didn't pay much attention to other aspects of the set when testing it out.

Ran a quick and meaningless "test" against some even level Thorns to make it easier to watch power analyzer.  PA does show a movement debuff when they're in the pots, but no slo-mo effect.

In-game info describes it as a 61.25% (iirc) debuff and -3.50 to run speed, whatever that means.  Seemed they were being slowed by about 5mph?  Definitely no visual slo-mo.

Reaction Time is described as 70% / -3.50, and the slo-motion effect is definitely there, but I did not run anything on the blaster to see what PA had to say about it.

Don't have a brute or tank to compare against.

Certainly does not seem as effective as it should be, but that's not even remotely based on anything resembling evidence.

If it did as much slow as RoF does it would almost act like a pseudo agro aura (less effect once fight +4) which might be why? Dunno. could be worth a trip to the bug forums.

• Like 1

It's a fantastic combo. It's the first one I tried after the stone changes and proliferation, the damage both aoe and st is top notch. It has solid resists, capped defenses to most, good regen and enough end recovery options to not need Ageless or Cardiac, especially with Body Mastery epic. I think I ended up going Musculature and Barrier for a little extra protection, but Ageless for the debuff or Rebirth for the regen/heal are also valid options.

You definitely want a  high +recharge too, to get Followup, Spin, and Shockwave fast enough to combo seamlessly.

Edited by subbacultchas
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Any updates on this combo?

Not sure /Stone is my cup of tea from the way it looks, but still interested in learning more...

Mine fizzled out mostly due to the runners issue. No clue if I'll revisit later.