Claws/Stone madness

Bill Z Bubba

Runnin +2/x8 at lvl 25. 4 hours in solo street sweeping + radios. SO only until 23. This is the build at 25. Yea, still Amped up for another 4 hours. Kinda wishin I hadn't experienced this. Brainstorming... due to the extra healing and HP from EE, and the extra recovery from CA, I see no reason to go Body Mastery, and thanks to Billy Mailman's redraw testing, I no longer fear DPS loss from Gloom... so Soul Mastery it'll be. Followup, Focus, Slash, Gloom, repeat should still be perma-doublestacked on FU but I haven't verified. With Darkest Night in the mix, that'll be even less incoming damage, and the loss of triple stacking followup on focus will probably be more than matched by the extra damage from BA. Slap in Ageless Radial to cover the low DDR, and all n all... I expect this combo to be stupid strong across the board. Probably won't even need hasten. Could take provoke instead.

Edit: Mids has HP wrong. At 26 with EE up he has 1384 HP.

LATE edit as per BrandX: Moonbeam and Shadow Meld, not Gloom and Darkest Night.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Rockhead Rex: Level 49 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- ScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), ScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(17)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 2: Slash -- ScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), ScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Stone Skin -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-Max HP%(13)
Level 6: Spin -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(7), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 8: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(9)
Level 10: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 12: Follow Up -- CrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), CrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), CrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Rooted -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A)
Level 18: Focus -- CrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), CrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(21), CrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(21)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: Mud Pots -- IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(A), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(25), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(25)
Level 26: [Empty]
Level 28: [Empty]
Level 30: [Empty]
Level 32: [Empty]
Level 35: [Empty]
Level 38: [Empty]
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 10: Afterburner
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;877;434;868;HEX;|
|78DA9591D94AC3401486CF3413AB6D5AAD6DADE07E257851F00DDCBDB120F6CE2D8|
|43A5D6C6C42526C15D757F0C66714710137BC8AA7393346F1CA81F0CD9CFCFF7F66|
|2975578C6A756D01587AD9B67CDF2C573CCB7585A797AC5AA302388C2DA7D2AC0BE|
|B607A4B74E358C8298D5912B610453476FCF1EFE28AA88A962F8AE5B6D312E6A277|
|E47890DC741CBBB866376AF5768AE6BD69A35533C2D586B05C5C24C245D915E2607|
|8D56D548A4BB6752ACC92E5B78577328ABDA7F1ABF736C17A5B832006671AC03C87|
|F43971E89AF832178934186261319695CC118D3CF130AEB498C82E64D22571F88AF|
|88A899A4CD43599C86512974989571227DE88C627B1891D74D5413F86B0D8D791EC|
|12DFB0435C89E2F7E4EC9F945CC70EB31C92A81890221818A39F3616932C3C43104|
|BEE72DAF83E71C4243214A5943315E0800FEC3828CF04837714D6425D466D23B34D|
|E6DC8E0CDB237EA2332B9D2C7B1323D12D51C384BC8ACD177036C1E11D1D05F56C0|
|5430F95A329C93431F8F718E7A04600A11FA678F4F6C1C6DFFF9B3C7A6E6061E921|
|1159A4EAE9576986EEE6F1AFEEF9478981BC89B4BC0918895E2BF802A5B3C467|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thumbs Up 2

I tried out Confront before I respeced at 23 because I am SICK of the damn runners. I don't know what changed since live but this is serious bullshit. Provoke feels damn necessary on scrappers now. I've got enemies running away at 50% health. If it wasn't for focus, I'd be losing my mind.

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I tried out Confront before I respeced at 23 because I am SICK of the damn runners. I don't know what changed since live but this is serious bullshit. Provoke feels damn necessary on scrappers now. I've got enemies running away at 50% health. If it wasn't for focus, I'd be losing my mind.

Something was tweaked with the flee thing a while back (few months?) that didn't seem to get documented. Stone Armor is really good stuff on scrappers, but the lack of a taunt aura makes it ridiculous to solo with.  I've got a RM/STN and a RM/BIO and I am gonna shelf and gut the RM/STN simply because I can't stop going nuts with the runners. Sucks too, cause outside of that, it's a good armor set.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Scrappers don't get Darkest Night.  Moonbeam you can still throw in there tho.

Ahh, correct. It was late. Moonbeam and Shadow Meld instead of Gloom and Darkest Night. Although not sure the build will need more defense. More help against CDF, I guess.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Oh yea... Provoke does help tons against runners. Sure, it cuts into my DPS and makes me waste a power pool pick and the "logic" against scrappers having the same taunt auras as their brute brothers is highly suspect... but it helps.

1 minute ago, TungstenShark said:

Glad to hear the combo is proving so effective (other than runners). How do you think this will compare to your Claws/Bio build, both offensively and defensively? Obviously a ways to go yet and plenty of Inf to drop on IOs.

It'll be tougher than the claws/bio. Unsure offensively. Doubt it will push /Bio's damage output but I've really little clue. I know I slapped together a build on beta when the stone rework landed there and seem to recall it a bit slower on the pylons but not by much. Should probably revisit Moonbeam on the claws/bio as well but having experienced it on my nrg/bio scrapper, I am somewhat meh about the whole thing.

Hit the 8 hour mark at level 31 on the claws/stone. Amps have dropped, noticing the loss of defense and recovery. Also, Tuatha are very mean with their quicksand against defense builds with crappy DDR. 32 now. Just grabbed shockwave. The end usage has me seriously considering Body Mastery/Hasten again and just sticking with Followup, Focus, Slash, repeat. Then again, since I have to go Ageless Radial for DDR... no extra recovery there but it will be topping off my blue bar regularly. Just gonna have to play and see, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It'll be tougher than the claws/bio. Unsure offensively. Doubt it will push /Bio's damage output but I've really little clue. I know I slapped together a build on beta when the stone rework landed there and seem to recall it a bit slower on the pylons but not by much. Should probably revisit Moonbeam on the claws/bio as well but having experienced it on my nrg/bio scrapper, I am somewhat meh about the whole thing.

Hit the 8 hour mark at level 31 on the claws/stone. Amps have dropped, noticing the loss of defense and recovery. Also, Tuatha are very mean with their quicksand against defense builds with crappy DDR. 32 now. Just grabbed shockwave. The end usage has me seriously considering Body Mastery/Hasten again and just sticking with Followup, Focus, Slash, repeat. Then again, since I have to go Ageless Radial for DDR... no extra recovery there but it will be topping off my blue bar regularly. Just gonna have to play and see, I guess.

It is definitely tougher than bio (not a high bar anyways) and the damage output is actually pretty close. Brimstone and Mudpots add a darn good amount of DPS.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Next question: is it a waste of a slot to stick a damage proc in Mud Pots? Should I, instead, max out acc/endred/dam and leave it at that? Doesn't seem like the slow nor the immobilize chance are worth a damn.

I originally slotted the Ice Mistral set into Mud Pots.  I can say I didn't really notice the proc or the slow making a difference.  I'm sure the proc probably helped in some very tiny way, but the slow being enhanced, didn't see a difference at all.

Edited by BrandX
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even with provoke, there's too much enemy flight. Just provoked a minion and he kept on runnin. I don't know who changed what in that regard but I hate it even more than I did ED and the GDN. 37 now. Seriously considering trashing this guy and PLing him back up as a brute. Cept I hate granite armor and I enjoy seeing Brimstone crit in the log. If I do keep him as is, which is likely, and I run the Trapdoor test with him, I will NOT be wasting time chasing down runners. Should probably go run it again with BZB scrap with that mindset in place to see the difference.

• Like 1

I'm testing a Warmace/Stone scrapper, and With one +Slow bubble inside mud I can clearly see a big difference, it seems that they start running away later and of course a lot slower.

Maybe with 3 +Slow it'll be enough vs runners ? I guess we'll find out soon

Edit: let's hope they add an AOE taunt to scrappers someday

Edited by urukai

1 hour ago, urukai said:

I'm testing a Warmace/Stone scrapper, and With one +Slow bubble inside mud I can clearly see a big difference, it seems that they start running away later and of course a lot slower.

Maybe with 3 +Slow it'll be enough vs runners ? I guess we'll find out soon

Edit: let's hope they add an AOE taunt to scrappers someday

I don't know.  Ice Mistral set maxes out the Slow aspect and it didn't feel like it did anything.  I know I was hoping the slow would stop the need for the taunt aura (plus there's it's immobilize aspect).

• 3 weeks later

Have a thought on this. What would Pacing of the turtle -recovery proc in mud pots do for your runner problem? anything? Should give you some initial taunt, then the immob will stop minions from running somewhat. I'd stick some slow enh in there too.

I use a similar proc on my time defender to create a taunt of sorts. Please don't tell me that's useless now... oy.

Edited by Ankhammon

6 minutes ago, Ankhammon said:

Have a thought on this. What would Pacing of the turtle -recovery proc in mud pots do for your runner problem? anything? Should give you some initial taunt, then the immob will stop minions from running somewhat. I'd stick some slow enh in there too.

I use a similar proc on my time defender to create a taunt of sorts. Please don't tell me that's useless now... oy.

I'm not sure I follow. I don't see anything related to Taunt in Pacing of the Turtle. If anything, I'd think that the -recovery debuff would exacerbate the issue further just by being a debuff.

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm not sure I follow. I don't see anything related to Taunt in Pacing of the Turtle. If anything, I'd think that the -recovery debuff would exacerbate the issue further just by being a debuff.

It was something pointed out to me years ago with a bud's Willpower scrapper. He put in both deflated ego and dark watcher's dispair procs into RttC and all of a sudden he would pull aggro off of tankers. Well, not if they had taunt.

I tried it on a few different chars including a Time/Ice Defender and I was pulling aggro off of tanks.

So my theory craft here was that if you pulled them up into your face, you can then use mud pots small immob and the slow to keep em there long enough to chop em down.

I've only got baby stone armor scraps or I'd try it out to see.

• Thumbs Up 3

Random thought and I haven't tested or anything, but could the increase in running be from the proc in Brimstone armour?  I thought I read somewhere someplace at sometime that the dots in Fiery Melee caused mobs to run more.  But I could be totally wrong.

Edited by Aiax
Made a typo, meant to say haven't tested it. Sorry I hope that didn't mislead anyone.

3 hours ago, Aiax said:

Random thought and I have tested or anything, but could the increase in running be from the proc in Brimstone armour?  I thought I read somewhere someplace at sometime that the dots in Fiery Melee caused mobs to run more.  But I could be totally wrong.

I tried slow in Mudpots, it didn't help, but I am wondering how knockdown proc in Mudputs may do.  I have all but the KD Proc of the Avalanche set in Mudpots on my Claws/Stone.  I could replace the ACC/DAM/RCH IO with the RCH/KD PROC IO, and that may help with runners.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, BrandX said:

I tried slow in Mudpots, it didn't help, but I am wondering how knockdown proc in Mudputs may do.  I have all but the KD Proc of the Avalanche set in Mudpots on my Claws/Stone.  I could replace the ACC/DAM/RCH IO with the RCH/KD PROC IO, and that may help with runners.

Mud Pots' slow must be bugged, which is weird since the set only just came out of a refit and everything was probably looked at.

Mud Pots does 40% and has zero effect on enemies (I even paired it with Spines and enemies moved around as they pleased without a iota of difference).

Rain of Fire has 40% slow and the enemies visibly run in slow motion. Unless RoF stacks (possible).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Mud Pots' slow must be bugged, which is weird since the set only just came out of a refit and everything was probably looked at.

Hmm.

I've really only messed with /stone when it was in beta. Aside from Brimstone and Geode I didn't pay much attention to other aspects of the set when testing it out.

Ran a quick and meaningless "test" against some even level Thorns to make it easier to watch power analyzer.  PA does show a movement debuff when they're in the pots, but no slo-mo effect.

In-game info describes it as a 61.25% (iirc) debuff and -3.50 to run speed, whatever that means.  Seemed they were being slowed by about 5mph?  Definitely no visual slo-mo.

Reaction Time is described as 70% / -3.50, and the slo-motion effect is definitely there, but I did not run anything on the blaster to see what PA had to say about it.

Don't have a brute or tank to compare against.

Certainly does not seem as effective as it should be, but that's not even remotely based on anything resembling evidence.

Edited by InvaderStych
clarified

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.